• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce bearing source

GoHot229

I ran some searches and found that Memphis Equiptment carries them acording to a member, though somewhat spendy for the complete thing, rods and mains both. Along the way, recently on an unrelated thread/post, someone here mentioned while refering to the multifuel that it (motor) was nothing more than a 'White Tractor' motor. Searching for white tractors on the web gave mixed results, places Called White Tractor, but as a Company rather than a brand, the other stuff seemed to relate to some tractor called a White, but were talking antique stuff like Oliver tractors and different post-war stuff if I was reading/browsing right. What gives?... is there a 'White' tractor? Back in Utah a fiew years back we had David Brown tractors, that were refered to as 'Whites'. Could this be the same? Yea I'm thinking like many of you would, that if this 'White Tractor' company exists, and the multifuel motors and bearings are the same, it might be an alternative to the higher prices elsewhere? or not, they may be more, but it is worth an ask from you guys out there....?........

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How are those prices compared to the likes of Memphis? Wonder if the headgaskets are the latest design? Now I'm curious about the pistons and their compression ratio.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I checked Memphis a couple of months ago the mains where ~$350 a set and the rods where $26 ea. They where alot lower than the above prices.

It's great to have another source. Thanks for posting the link. I have it bookmarked.

Last edited:

stumps

How are those prices compared to the likes of Memphis? Wonder if the headgaskets are the latest design? Now I'm curious about the pistons and their compression ratio.
Pistons are conventional diesel pistons with a slightly depressed top. The compression ratio is about 17 to 1 if I recall correctly. I am pretty sure you will find the MF stroke is longer than the White engine.

Also, the reason you find the White engine mentioned around antique DBrown and Oliver tractors is it was originally a Continental engine that was used in those tractors. Continental engines were used just about everywhere. They were the Briggs and Stratton of water cooled engines. Ferguson, Oliver, Brown, Clarke, Lincoln... all used Continental engines. Why own an engine factory when someone like Continental was around? White bought Oliver, Brown, and a bunch of others to form the company they are today.

-Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks