• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce bed from Kentucky to Richmond Va

JOEDEUCE

I am looking into purchasing a deuce bed from a SS member out in kentucky, his exact location is unknown at this point and deal is not finalized. I'm trying to weigh the overall cost out, if I drive my truck to his location I'm looking at a little over a tank of fuel in each direction and at deuce speed I'm looking at 12 hours each way with pit stops. If anybody has any ideas or can haul this thing please let me know.

JOEDEUCE

I though about that as an option, I have trailers at my disposal... getting the bed from the donor truck to the trailer is the issue now.... I have chain hoists but without something to hook it to that idea is out... I suppose I could back a trailer up to the back of the truck and use a cumalong to slide it off the truck onto the trailer....seems doable

timothy1

Does someone got a snatch block? Get a cable put truck and trailer back to back. Run cable from front of trailer to bed and off to a truck. Pull the cable, which will slide off the bed onto the trailer (its kentucky, never doubt a redneck when something needs done)

197thhhc

I think you missed a 1 in front of that 400.
I think you need to put a 2 in front of that. If you run waste oil the fuel would be free or close to it. I would be willing to bet there is a bed closer to you. I try to set a three hour trip as my max to get parts. If you look hard enough you will find one Good luck.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
4- 55 gallon barrels 2 -10 foot 4x4's jack the bed up enough to get the 4x4's under it , put the barrels under the 4x4's drive truck out. Back trailer under it and jack it down to the bed of trailer.[thumbzup]

JCKnife

4- 55 gallon barrels 2 -10 foot 4x4's jack the bed up enough to get the 4x4's under it , put the barrels under the 4x4's drive truck out. Back trailer under it and jack it down to the bed of trailer.[thumbzup]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVhTDNlbsSc[/media]

JOEDEUCE

JCKnife has the bed... it is a hike ....I don't seem to ever see a whole lot worth a darn when it comes to deuce parts here in Va. Perhaps I should be a lil more patient.... considering a 20 hour round trip is involved.

JOEDEUCE

Yeah I'm definately wanting a bed but going on such a journey to obtain one is a bit unlogical. As a last resort maybe, but I'm not quite that desperate yet.:???:

augiedoggy

I'm kinda lookin' for a deuce bed here in cincy, I asked Gimp about one but haven't heard yet.
<--------Got a place for one right there......on the back

Last edited:

mdm63

I'm going to be taking one off in a couple of weeks in SW Va, it's in great shape too if anyone is interested just let me know.