• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce bobbed or 6x6?

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I probably wouldnt have bobbed mine if I didnt need a class B license to drive one in California. There are some pro's to shortening one, 2 less pinion seals/wheel seals to leak, 2 less wheel cylinders to go bad, one less brake line to break, 1/3 less work involved in a brake job, 12 less torque rod bushing to replace, 4 less tires to buy, 6 quarts less gear oil to change, better fuel milage, more responsive steering and acceleration, better turning radius, the back end doesnt hop around when going over big bumps at highway speeds while on a slight curve (pucker factor). Just to name a few. All in all, it has become a much friendlier truck to drive around town that has alot of traffic and I can now keep up with the rest of the cars when the light turns green. It is definately a worthy modification IMHO.

biodeucel

"I just hate to see one chopped up. "

:ditto:

They do look cool and are more fuel efficient than 6x6's, but I think I'll go with the full deuce and a half w/ Super Singles. Should be easiest to get, plus it just looks better. Bobbed deuces look "empty" under the bed.

Staffsargent

Instead of bobbing, why don't you just remove the alxe shifts on the last axle, cut the shafts down to 6" and put them back in and put lockout hubs on the front axle. Than remove the small drive shaft between the two rear axles. This will be a lot cheaper and will save a lot of fuel. And still have the look of a duece & 1/2. If you need to go offroading, just get 2 extra shafts and put them back in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks