• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Brake Bleeding question

rustystud

How often do you really need to bleed the brakes anyway. is there a tm page?
When I was still a mechanic in the Marines we used to change-out the fluid every 5 years. That was at Pendelton. I'm sure other bases had there own requirements. As far as the TM goes I haven't come across any specific time or mileage. In the automotive world they recommend about every 5 years also. Since we're using DOT 5 (silicone) fluid there is no requirement to change it out unless it gets contaminated. DOT 5 fluid does not absorb water and by itself never wears out.

jw4x4

View attachment 563437

Anyone have a clue what these are for? found them in the back of my truck. The idaho forest service had thrown alot of stuff in the back before selling it to me. I dont think these go to my truck but figured I would double check and see. I figure they go to some kind of small car.
They resemble the plastic couplers that are used for connecting two pieces of black corrugated plastic drain pipe when the spigot/bell have been cut off the pipe. They slip over the ribs of said pipe and are secured with zip ties. This would be a common item utilized by the forest service. Just my guess.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually I'm not sure if that is all that is required. I seem to remember that
one needs to swap out certain seals, but I am not sure about that. I am sure the
info is there on this site if you look for it. Hopefully it already has dot 5.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Its hard to say what might be in there. A quick test will inform you quite easy.

Pull some fluid out of the master cyl.
Put in a clear cup/glass.
Drop a couple drops of water in that fluid you pulled out.
If it doesn't mix, you have dot5
If it mixes, you have dot 3.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks