• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Brake Issue

Clay James

Had a strange issue with the A2. I was at work loading some stuff in a customers vehicle and as I was walking past the deuce I noticed the brake lights were on. Curious, I got in the cab and pressed the pedal and it was rock hard. Remembering the threads other people posted about that problem I knew it was the air pack and cracked the glad hand on the drivers side and it released the pressure. After that all was well. I tested the pedal a whole bunch of times and it was fine. Took the back roads with no traffic home and it was still fine and also the next day when I got hay. It's not building up air in the glad hand. Thoughts on what could have happened? It's strange it would do it once then be fine. Its a very recent looking new style air pack so I doubt it's very pitted.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It appears that, new air pack or not, it got stuck, just like the well described failure mode.
I would suggest to drip some air tool oil both into the J-pipe (or pipe plug, if you can get it off) and into the supply line to the air pack (to take care of the front end).

If you remove the air line on the air pack from the tanks, just under it you'll find the main air control valve, (small brass nut on a shaft with a seal and a spring under it). Squirt a little light oil around it and move it in and out with some small needlenose plyers. Be gentle with it as you don't wanna shave off any of the brass and have those pieces dearing up seals, diaphragms and whatnot. Once it's free to move when properly actuated, your brakes and air pressure should be normal.
I had the SAME problem last month. lol

Clay James

Thanks for the replies! I lubed it once before when I serviced the brakes but I guess it's that time again. That's better than a new air pack.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks