• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce brake light problem

fredrader

Hi All,I did a search and couldn't find much so here it is..I have a problem with my brake lights..They worked when I first got it but I didn't try them with the lights on..Now when I have the lights on the tail lights are nice and bright and when I hit the brake the brake light comes on dim but I can see that it is on,just dimmer than the tail light...I took off the lens and confirmed what I said above..Now when I release the foot brake some times the brake light is still on very very dim..I have a bunch of TM's on CD but it is kinda like I have too much info and can't find anything I'm looking for on it :banghead:
I need to get this brake light problem fixed ASAP and also I need to figure out exactly how to adjust my brakes (Can't find that in my CD either)I am sure it's in there but finding it is the problem..Thanks all and any help with these 2 issues will be appreciated..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check out the grounds. Both mounting bolts need to be on clean steel as both work the grounds. Also make sure that you have the bulbs in the correct locations and securely. Lastly, check to make sure the numbers of the harness wires correspond to the numbers on the lights.

Steaminjim

Great idea to clean up the corrosion don't understand why it gets into everything in a Duce.
If you have to further troubleshoot the problem a trick that John and Reckerman taught me was to pull the plug off the brake switch on the air booster and use a piece of wire to jumper across the two wholes in the plug. Also eliminates or confirms the brake switch as a problem.

Steaminjim

Recovery is dead on. On a Duce, solving every electrical problem includes cleaning off corrosion somewhere. Just don't understand where it all comes from.:wink:
One trick that John and Reckerman taught me was to remove the plug from the break switch under the truck on the airpac and stick in a jumper. This will eliminate or confirm the brake switch as a problem and also eliminates needing a second person to push the brake pedal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks