• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Breakdown - Lafayette, LA

south101

Anyone able to assist with transporting a down deuce from Lafayette area to Houston ASAP. Had clutch or tranny problems last night and afraid to move her until I can get her looked at. I have an M1009 hooked to her by towbar. I'll need both transported. PM me if interested. Tim

south101

Need Transport from Lafayette, LA to Houston, TX ASAP

Need my deuce and m1009 (attached by towbar) transported from Lafayette to Houston. Was enroute last night when experienced clutch or transmission problems. Truck ran and drove when parked, but wouldn't stay in 5th and was leaking fluid from underside. If interested, let me know. Have to move ASAP. Tim

south101

Need recovery of Deuce and/or M1009 in Lafayette, LA Area

Need someone to pickup Disabled Deuce and/or its accompanied M1009 deuce from their roadside location to a holding location until I can arrange to repair/tow to Houston.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too far for me...

Don't know the area or the members there either.

Sorry

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
We have some Lafayette members as well a Duson, and I think Abbyville also

Just saw this one myself. I'm about an hour north of Lafayette, there are members who live in the immediate area. Dunno who might have space to store his vehicles.

Has anyone heard from South101?

LC

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Ok, so you have a slipping clutch and there is oil leaking from the bell housing.

I'm going to bet it is gear oil. This is a known problem with deuces. Drain 12-20oz of fluid from the transmission, spray a bunch of brake cleaner in the clutch observation cover(after you take it off) and get back on the road. This has happened to me at least twice and many others too.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i live about 2 hours east of him. i can store but that would be going the wrong way. jim1009 lives real close to him. shout back today and lets see what we can do. i can come and tow them off the road to a secure location if needed. Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks