• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Breakdown - Lafayette, LA

I got a PM from him saying that he had gotten some advice on how to fix and was probably going to go see about it tomorrow. Also said he would contact me afterwards to let me know how it went.

I don't know if he needs help with both vehicles or just the Deuce.

LC

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, so you have a slipping clutch and there is oil leaking from the bell housing.

I'm going to bet it is gear oil. This is a known problem with deuces. Drain 12-20oz of fluid from the transmission, spray a bunch of brake cleaner in the clutch observation cover(after you take it off) and get back on the road. This has happened to me at least twice and many others too.
Gimpy, That's what I was thinking also but that doesn't explain that "it doesn't stay in 5th". I guess he could mean that the clutch slips in 5th. Trans overfill would explain that if the clutch is slipping in 5th.

south101

Home at Last - and Thankful!!!

I finally managed to limp her home. The culprit seems to be the loss of the rear main seal. Ran great with no problems for 500 miles of a 750 mile journey and then it started slipping. While driving heard a muffled pop sound followed shortly by the clutch slipping. We had to abandon the truck at the time and get rest. When we returned to inspect armed with all of the advice and tips from SS members, we were able to clean out the clutch and determine the leaking oil was in fact engine oil. I got the truck back on the road to Houston but had to make several additional stops to clean and top off the oil. It was a very long 14 hour 250 miles, but we made it. The next task will be to replace the rear main seal and clutch, but that will have to wait for another day. Thanks again to everybody for all of the help. I'll post some picks as they come.

Have a great Thanksgiving. I know I will.

-Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks