• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce bumper markings

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
RE: Duece bumper markings

Thats the 81 Reserve Readiness Command, 296th Transportation Company out of Mississippi.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Hey Medlog, I sold my deuce tractor but if it' not a problem, wondering if you can check the numbers on it. No problem if you would rather save the searches for trucks actually owned by members. Just in case, here's the number.
04P35871

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Going the other direction:

Medlog did his magic for me. Now I need some additional member help. I don't want to hi-jack, but the thread title is what I need. My question relates.

Here's my truck's history:

Organization: 172 MILITARY POLICE BATTALION HEADQUARTERS COMPANY REAR

I'm painting 1971 configuration. I cannot find any history on this unit. The 2-172 AR (VTARNG) is an armor unit now. Maybe in 1971, they were MPs?

What should my bumper have on it? 2-172 MP? I've Googled, and no luck on this MP thing.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor

Someone from Vermont should confirm this but I would think this:

passenger side front= VTARNG 172 MP BN drivers side front HHC# (whatever number you want to give it)

you may see the passenger side as 2 lines
VTARNG
172MP BN

And as a vet of OIF, you know what is on the pass side front is o nthe driver side rear and vice versa.

I would actually contact the VTARNG and have them refer you email to their historian and they are usually helpful in finding old photos or providing the informaiton.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks