• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Bus...

1stDeuce

Well, I just came home from a vacation in Colorado and Utah... Check out what we found in Moab, UT... I'm pretty sure this isn't currently being used, but it is set up to haul mountain bikers out of town so they can ride nasty trails... Interesting to say the least...
C

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW! This seems to be a concept worth investigating. :idea: A mod like this could suit our desire to have a small motorpool for Weather Evac and could navigate a post-tornado environment (presuming a non-direct hit). Might even be more "practical" than an M109 for the carriage of 5-dogs, 5-cats, 1-teenager, and a pair of adults (only in age, big kids at heart!)
One question :?:... Are the cab and coach bodies connected or separate?
There might be some advantages to either design!

tm america

for everyone that rode the short buss this should bring back alot of memories. for the other special people out there we can finally make it to your location:roll:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Besides the practical side of me seeing some potential in such a mod (although it violates the retoration/preservation interest I have) I must admit, my initial response tended to say......

Paddle FASTER!!! I hear BANJOs!!!!!

Sure it's a little "redneck", but my two Red Bone Coon Hounds "HoundDog" & "Henryetta" would fit right in!

tm america

at least they made it bigger .everyone has been talking about a 6x6 suburban this is a couple notches up from that i can hear the driver now kids please stop licking the windows and put your helmets back on:drool:

GoHot229

Trailer Trash, pure frizzell lizzel, frakinnn saggle frizzen.....trailer trash, thats all they are, .....why, they out'a be............and run out'a town on a................gush dernnn.........i'll tell you whut.....

TaylorTradingCo

I like it :-D

I too think they did a great job with the part that hangs over the cab. I wish it could sit lower, but understand the frame issues.

I am wanting to do something like this and make it amphibious. I want a DUKW, but can't find or afford one.

Any ideas?

Derek Taylor

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I am wanting to do something like this and make it amphibious. I want a DUKW, but can't find or afford one.

Think pontoons (or fighter plane drop fuel tanks) strapped to the side.
You could haul them on a trailer and attach them before you go into the water.
You would have to come up with a foolproof way to keep water out of the diffs.

"REDNECK DUKW"

OH OH OH!!!!!! I just remembered....there are some 3000 gallon collapsable vinyl fuel bladders coming up on an unnamed internet sales site.
Strap a couple of those bad boys on either side and be the envy of everybody at the "Redneck Yacht Club".

I'm so smart I scare myself sometimes.

Last edited:

Elwenil

All the joking aside it looks to be a fairly well done mod. A lot better than some of the half-azzed things that pop up from time to time. Roof rack looks well thought out and it seems to be a good way to get 20 or so people from one place to another in relative comfort.

ohnuts

We have a special education school near my home that has some great kids that deal with some serious handicaps. They also use the short bus and have special ramps for wheel chairs and such. Their school is very nice and low key with a relaxed air about it. It's also a nice place to bike too, or to have lunch and chase your girl around.

So my girlfriend and I are riding bikes around the neighborhood and bike over to the special education school, reasons given.

As we bike we're talking about the school and the great work they do, until we pull up to a park bench. We stop the bikes and I'm leaning to the right or chain side when I realize I've hooked my jeans in the sprocket. I also realize I'm too far over to swing back to the left. So with no choice I keel over and drop the bike while siting on it.

When I looked up at her I said in as sincere a voice as I could muster. Hey maybe you saw me on the short bus as a kid, me being Alumni and all that.

Some girls pee at a very low laughter thresh hold, it was worth the fall.

The great things we forget..........thanks.