• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Buyer's Guide FAQ

pevrs114

Gents,

Does anyone have a link to a thread, or any advice on what specifcally to look for when considering a Deuce to buy?

I'm trying to piece together a checklist, if you will, of certain things to keep in mind or problem areas to look for to decide if a Deuce is a good buy, or if it's worth what is being asked.

I'm familiar with the Before/During/After PMCS, but I'm looking for something more in line with 'Hey this widget or gizmo here can be a problem, make sure XXX before you guy it'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wsucougarx

As far as big problems areas, brakes brakes and more brakes are #1 on my list of what to look for. More times than not, it's just a simple bleeding. Clogged fuel filters are #2 on my list. Dead batteries are #3 on my list, just bring two batteries to swap them out. Also be aware that these trucks have sat for sometime. Bring somekind of Diesel fuel conditioner and fresh fuel with you. There are a ton more things I look at, but these are the major items I focus on.

wsucougarx

The best thing you can do is Preview the truck before bidding. You'll get a pretty good idea the state the truck is in. Whether or not it was put out to pasture a very long time ago or someone was taking care of it. Due to the age of these trucks, pay particular attention to soft parts (tires, hoses, belts, brake lines etc) when you preview.

pevrs114

Those are very helpful resources, thanks!

The one I'm looking at is not at an auction, and I've already been by and previewed it. It looked pretty decent, but I want to take some time and read up on some of the hidden stuff I should look for.

I've PMCS'd them before in the Army, I drove one for a few months in Iraq. But owning one myself is a bit different!

Thanks again

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks