• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Canadian Border Crossing

wsucougarx

Went upto BC Canada over the weekend, good to see tight security on both sides. After going into Canada, I had an afterthought. Are there any regs/laws preventing deuces or other US MV from going into Canada? I've heard of laws pertaining to laws against having a green or camo vehicles in Mexico (not sure if that was valid or not). Please advise

m109guy

Nope. Nothing about coming into Canada at all that I could see. I have crossed back into Canada with military vehicles and all the border guard wants to know is the regular stuff (who you are, where you are coming from, and where you are going). We do not have any restrictions on those type of things coming into Canada unless it is something like a tank you are crossing the border with (self explanatory why you would have a problem). The US are our friends and not some third world country full of terrorists (though sadly it is not seen like that the other way around some times). The only problem you could have is getting asked a million times every place you stop if you are willing to sell it :D

The only real problem you could have is coming back into the US as you might catch some idiot working at US Border Protection who thinks you are going to use it to overthrow the government or something. I would just make sure you have all the paperwork to show that you own the vehicle and that is registered in the US and I would think that you shouldn't have a problem 99% of the time. The easiest thing I can think of doing is to call US Border Protection at the place you are planing on crossing back and asking them the question. Don't call a general number for them, but call the exact border crossing and get a name of the person you are speaking with so that you can refer to that exact person if anything happens. You can also stop on the US side before you cross into Canada to make sure everything is okay.

Happy motoring in Canada :D

Superdave

We had a group of about 12 military vehicles go accross south of Vancouver to go to the MVPA convention in Portland last August and one member even took his volvo attack vehicle with a replica of a 90mm recoiless gun mounted on it (about 10 feet long) and all the border guard said about it was cool!! and all they were interested about my M135 was that I drove it down from Alberta and it got 6 MPG ??? There was no problems going down or comming back accross the border and I have done it numorous times with my MV.

WPNS421

In Canada we "Welcome American tourist, please bring and leave lots of dollars":-D:-D:-D I share your desire to go to the Yukon or Alaska, I believe that it would be awesome. Florida is great, but in the last couple of years the weather is the same in Alaska and Florida:roll::razz::razz:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks