• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce car hauling- sort of

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A friend had a set of ATV ramps made for his very tall pickup. They had a would be jackstand in the center of the folding ramp. You could elevate this to help. Makes the first incline petty steep but the rest of the run much easier.

Monster Man

yeah, that's what I'm thinking, but without the folding part. The winch didn't even break a sweat getting it up these ramps, so I'm sure it could handle a bit more incline at the start. Another option would be a dump bed, another would be a generator/compressor loading bed, the ones with the roller across the whole back, then the platform was winched up and drug the whole way in. But trying to come up with a solid platform and store it...... maybe not!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yeah, I like the roller. I was actually thinking of trying to make a loading pallet like you said. My pipeline has the bed winch and roller so the pallet loading would be natural.
Kenny

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks