• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce changes for Haspin 2010

dittle

Just got done installing my turbo (boost) gauge and the civy wiper conversion with the Anco blades/arms. Next I am going to bypass the FDC, re-set the fuel (hence the turbo gauge need) and install a 24V to 12V power converter. Need to get a CX-13908 cable to run from my MX-7777 surge suppressor to the converter but I might know of one.. If not, anyone have one they would be willing to part with?

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I like the instrument cluster mod, very clean.

dittle

Thanks guys, the instrument panel mod was pretty easy to do. The original high beam hole is centered perfectly with both the bottom row of gauges and with the oil pressure gauge. So all we did was made a jig that bolted into the original high beam bolt holes, marked the center of the big hole where the light used to come through and then used a 2" hole saw to go through with. Had to hit the edges just a little bit with a die grinder as I need a 2-1/16" hole for the gauge.

For the new high beam hole we just marked center b/t the dash lights and then center between the speedo/tach and the bottom row of gauges. Used a uni-bit to get the through hole for the light, marked the mounting holes and was pretty much done minus painting.

dittle

It was the only one that NAPA had that didn't require electricity and was close to the original gauges. Vacuum might be used if the engine ever starts running backwards, but I hope it doesn't.

Keith_J

It was the only one that NAPA had that didn't require electricity and was close to the original gauges. Vacuum might be used if the engine ever starts running backwards, but I hope it doesn't.
Vacuum is a great sign of filter clogging.

I would recommend a pyrometer (high temperature gauge) pre-turbo if you are going to turn the fuel up.

dittle

Actually going to be turning it down after I bypass the FDC. Was flip-flopping between turbo and EGTs. I decided the turbo would be easier to install and re-set the fuel with, especially in single digit weather.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks