• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce colors

big hoss

Im very confused i am in the process of repainting my deuce. Well im pulling off the reflectors and other little brackets and the bed color is orginal color is gloss black and the cab is gloss white. Why would they have used these colors?

Flyingvan911

It may have been for a very specific use. Wash the truck down with a good degrease from the auto parts store then rinse it off. Cover the windows with packing paper and masking tape. Cover the lights and reflectors with masking tape.

If you want the 3 color camo, check out the painting manual, 43-0209. I found it helpful to print out the pages and color then in with colored pencil. Paint the whole truck green and let it dry. Then paint the black and brown. I used rattle cans for the black and brown. Rapco is good paint.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many vehicles are blasted and repainted whether it be a private company, NATO operation or just the average guy.

Kohburn

I believe that the black was the older (better) primer and the white was the newer primer that has more problems

Jakob

I have been in the process of stripping years of paint off of my truck to repaint it as well. There are about 5 layers of paint:
1) red primer
2) regular olive drab green
3) USMC green
4) lime green
5) there may be another layer of brushed paint here, similar color to outer layer
6) brushed on olive color
All of the layers together are literally about 1/8" thick. The last 1-2 layers make up most of that; they were brushed on SO thick.