• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce compression test acceptable PSI

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since it's supposed to be 22:1, I would thing anything over 310 psi would be in the ballpark. If it's lower it may not have enough compression to heat the air up for reliable ignition.2cents

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Last edited:

jatonka

Thank you all for your help. I did the test on a cold engine and my pressures came out low but quite even across all 6 cylinders. I got 230-240 PSI. I will get the truck warmed up well and try it again. John T

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Frank, if you keep reading past your highlighted section, it explains some pistons are 20:1 and will have the 500-550 psi reading.

rustystud

Frank, if you keep reading past your highlighted section, it explains some pistons are 20:1 and will have the 500-550 psi reading.
I'm probably guilty of that myself as I just posted the first one I read. Your correct about the compression ratios and PSI readings. In the later Depot TM it mentioned the LDS as being 600 to 650 PSI with the 22:1 compression ratio and I would assume that would also apply to the LDT with 22:1 ratio also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks