• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce compressor issues

GPZ

Compressor on my M35 showing signs of oil around main air line outlet.Compressor rings shot?Can I overhaul this unit, if so where might the parts(KIT) be found?It is a the single cylinder compressor.

rustystud

Compressor on my M35 showing signs of oil around main air line outlet.Compressor rings shot?Can I overhaul this unit, if so where might the parts(KIT) be found?It is a the single cylinder compressor.
Yes the compressors can be rebuilt. No, there is no kit that I know of. If your really industrious you can piece together a rebuild kit yourself, but it would be a lot of work finding all the correct parts. Also if the bore was worn out you still would need a new compressor as oversize pistons are not available. The best way to deal with this is to just get a new replacement compressor. You see them for sell all the time for under $200.00 .

runk

You've cleaned the air intake filter on the compressor, right ? A clogged air intake filter can cause the compressor to suck a surprising amount of oil out of the engine.

GPZ

Compressor issues

You've cleaned the air intake filter on the compressor, right ? A clogged air intake filter can cause the compressor to suck a surprising amount of oil out of the engine.
Yes,cleaned the filter 200 miles back but will pull it off again and look it over.If that's not the problem guess over haul(?) would be needed.Thank you for your input[gpz]

GPZ

Yes the compressors can be rebuilt. No, there is no kit that I know of. If your really industrious you can piece together a rebuild kit yourself, but it would be a lot of work finding all the correct parts. Also if the bore was worn out you still would need a new compressor as oversize pistons are not available. The best way to deal with this is to just get a new replacement compressor. You see them for sell all the time for under $200.00 .[/QUOTE =gpz]Thank you, will start looking for a new old stock unit, wasn't looking forward to a parts hunt if I had to piece it all together.

rustystud

Yes the compressors can be rebuilt. No, there is no kit that I know of. If your really industrious you can piece together a rebuild kit yourself, but it would be a lot of work finding all the correct parts. Also if the bore was worn out you still would need a new compressor as oversize pistons are not available. The best way to deal with this is to just get a new replacement compressor. You see them for sell all the time for under $200.00 .[/QUOTE =gpz]Thank you, will start looking for a new old stock unit, wasn't looking forward to a parts hunt if I had to piece it all together.
Yeah, it can be a pain in the butt to find all the correct parts. The big rebuild shops have a ton of inventory (I've seen a couple) and cross reference books for all the compressors ever made. I truly would love to get my hands on those reference books ! That is half the battle ! The other half is actually tracking down the parts. By the time someone like us did all that work, we would have paid for several NOS compressors just in our time alone ! I don't know about you, but my time has become very precious to me now. Given that I have only so many good years left, why waste them on something simple like that.