• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce cook shack

61sleepercab

First step to plan is work with health department or food service inspectors to see what is required to serve public for pay. Screens, triple bowl sinks , hand washing sink , cooler etc are in the future to be legal.
Second you might consider canvas or metal sides in truck that fold out for shade, advertising space. I would not think lugging food up and down truck bed height ok for long.
For instance an army MKT field kitchen trailer as is would never pass muster because no sinks and no running water. 61sleepercab

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I already knew that but I want to do something different
How is it different by putting the kitchen in a deuce. US Army did that during WWII, as pictures have shown Canada did it too. They both found it not as practical as they wanted it to be, because the food had to be lifted up four feet to be cooked, then lifted back down four feet (or have a portable walkway with steps as the Canadians did - that had to be removed to 'go anywhere') to be served. That is why the M1948 Kitchen tent was designed - take everything in a truck, set it all up in a tent, then use the truck to go get the food and supplies. The MKT (Mobile Kitchen Trailer) was designed to cut out the tent and make it more 'go anywhere, cook anywhere'. There is a very true saying that applies here - "Those who do not know (and understand) history are doomed to repeat it (all the mistakes of the past)". What we are trying to tell you is we've been there, done that, and the commemorative tee shirts were worn out before you were born. We may not stop you from repeating past errors, but we reserve the right to roll on the floor, laughing out loud while pointing our fingers at your creation.

How is it different by putting the kitchen in a deuce. US Army did that during WWII, as pictures have shown Canada did it too. They both found it not as practical as they wanted it to be, because the food had to be lifted up four feet to be cooked, then lifted back down four feet (or have a portable walkway with steps as the Canadians did - that had to be removed to 'go anywhere') to be served. That is why the M1948 Kitchen tent was designed - take everything in a truck, set it all up in a tent, then use the truck to go get the food and supplies. The MKT (Mobile Kitchen Trailer) was designed to cut out the tent and make it more 'go anywhere, cook anywhere'. There is a very true saying that applies here - "Those who do not know (and understand) history are doomed to repeat it (all the mistakes of the past)". What we are trying to tell you is we've been there, done that, and the commemorative tee shirts were worn out before you were born. We may not stop you from repeating past errors, but we reserve the right to roll on the floor, laughing out loud while pointing our fingers at your creation.
It would be different because I think I can make it work perfectly. Getting the food to the ground I can make an elevator system to bring the food up and down. Plus this is for personal use and I'm one creative person without military bull to keep the ideas from being tried. Plus as R. G. LeTourneau believed every thing is just a prototype so improvements will always be made. Also the military never made good BBQ fries and burgers

gungearz

Then why would you want to utilize the whole truck for a kitchen...? you can buy a m109a2, put a kitchen in it or get a portable camp kitchen, put it in the back of a deuce and call it a day...

w3azel

Ok everyone he has said in almost every post this is for personal use and that he wants the kitchen in the truck not on a trailer so for the love of God PLEASE stop telling him to put it in a trailer. He obviously has a set idea in his head and is just looking for some fine tuning. Id say as far as truck issues and design like electrical and mechanical keep searching here. For kitchen design you might want to search some food service truck websites. I know this is for personal use but those trucks have to utilize every amount of space and might have some creative ideas for you on how to fit a kitchen in a small footprint.

I don't mind constructive criticism but when you start telling me that my idea and plan will fail or it's too hard to do well that brings out my bullheadedness to the extreme and I wasn't looking to be told what I already know either

Last edited:

TexAndy

Hey collector, I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but have you thought about putting your BBQ in a trailer? Like an MKT.

I'll bet that would work well.

:3

I think I am starting to figure out what I will do here I will mount all the prep space as fold up tables on the last 9 foot of the bed on the left side from the back and put a sink at the front of the bed and mount a 8.5 gallon Cajun fryer and Lang 36 hybrid on the other side ill probably somehow make hot water and put a generator where the spare tire would be to power some other things that I think are cool the water tanks will probably be mounted above the cab for the clean and in between the frame rails for the dirty water. Also I would have to make an elevator thing for the food.

Hey collector, I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but have you thought about putting your BBQ in a trailer? Like an MKT.

I'll bet that would work well.

:3
I have and this is different than anything else you would see anywhere so I would much rather do this plus this has more of a cool factor than a simple trailer I have tried to explain this too many times