• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce done!

FreightTrain

Banned
But not in a good way.I called off the gasket replacement.Found 2 holes scored real bad.Haven't even pulled the rear head.Front 2 Cylinders have a spot top to bottom about an inch wide that has a DEEP score running straight down.Guess that is that.How much do bearings,Pistons,And sleeves cost now days?

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
there is a couple of listings on GL for groups of six engines. At least one or two in each batch look new. Might be a better solution. Of course six engines makes for a long trip back from Ft Bragg.

poppop

I always like to build my own engines rather than go the used route. Do it yourself and know what you have. Buy used and you never know.

FreightTrain

Banned
Either something is stuck in the rings or broken rings.I vote broken rings.Pistons look fine up top,The Cylinders look great other than that one spot and a couple other single scratchs running up and down but those are just visual scratchs.I couldn't feel them.Nothing looked like it bounced around in there.What is strange is the location of both marks are on the rear of one Cylinder and the front of the other not side to side as you would expect with lateral thrust from the rotation of the engine.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Unless I was FLAT broke and had nothing left on my emergency credit card, no way would I go through all the hassle of swapping one engine for an unknown unit. You may get lucky and run it for years or you may get a week out of it and it do exactly what your old one was doing.

You guys must have better luck than me, when I try and save a buck, it always bites me in the you-know-where.......

I think FT is on the right track-rebuild the whole thing.......and while it's out, he can repaint the engine compartment and detail it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
cranetruck said:
The other solution would be to get known good parts from a parts engine. My "parts" engine came with sleaves and pistons missing...
Yeah, but that's my point-until FT's engine started screwing up..............it was and had "good known parts".

Just becuase it is running, you don't know what is worn on the inside.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks