• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce door mechanism replacement

rockman

The drivers side door mechanism needed replace so I removed the old one and now can't seem to get the new one past the window to have it flush up next to the door jamb. Any suggestions, maybe removing the window?

thanks, Bill

13 MIKE

I just did this a couple days ago. The glass does not have to come out.

To install, put the striker assembly up in the door, close to final position.

Then pivot the the other end up in position, jam your arms up in there, and you can feel how to get past the regulator arms.

Don't be afraid to use a screwdriver to get the door handle post
through the hole.

Put the door handle on , and you can twist the mounting plate into position, install screws.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike is correst, it can be removed w/o taking the glass out. If you have big arms, it'll be tough, there's not much room in there!

Barrman

One of those long parts picker upper grabbers with the flexible shaft and 4 little hooks at the end controlled by a thumb push button works great holding the innards up while you move the hand inside the door around. Like to get circulation back and stuff like that. Obviously, the glass has to be removed first to do it this way.

When pulling the glass, the little bitty stops on the bottom at both corners need to be removed. Just because you got those easy to work with clips off doesnt' mean it will just slide right out the top. My opinion is that if you are going to work inside the door. go ahead and pull the glass, fix the latch and then lube everything that moves, might think about moving except the actaul glass channel. You will have single finger tip door opening and window rolling action when you are done.

saddamsnightmare

October 14th, 2009.

Rockman:

If you're replacing the cab door lock mechanism, you DO NOT NEED to remove the glass. The trick is to work the bolt mechanism up the rearmost part of the door pocket and the spindle and related piece up behind the regularor. Leave the glass up. Once you get the bolt in its hole, the spindle will swing into place and come out therough its normal hole on the inside face of the door. Get a screw into the triangular plate that holds the lock handle and one in the bolt carrier. The rest's easy (if you have long thin fingers like ET). I had to replace mine a coupla months ago, it took twenty minutes to figure it out and 5 to do it. If the glass is up all you have to do is work in behind the regulator arms, and the access hole could've been bigger, but thank REO for that.
Good luck,

Cheers and a Beer,

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan:razz:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks