• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce down.

FreightTrain

Banned
On i65. Messiah blown up. Engine shut down temp gauge went to 240+ blowing coolant. Running again but lots of blowby and slight rough idle. 80 miles from home.More if I make it home.

Westech

CPL
80 miles? no problem.. just take it slow and ez.. I lost a couple fan blades once and I was 200 miles from home... just took her slow and made it no problem.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FT if I were closer....

I hope you make it home safe and sound. Keep up posted, I'm sure one of the bama boys can give you a hand if needed. Good luck and God Speed

scooter01922

We need details FT, can't tease us like that....glad you made it home. No matter what breaks on these things it seems they almost always will get you home. May never move again but it will get you home on 4 cylinders, no oil pressure and with a hole in the block. Or at least from some of the tales i have heard.

FreightTrain

Banned
Just kidding.Thursday made it all the way up there running 60-65MPH.No problems.....Comming back.....the 95 degree weather and trying to keep up with Murphy did me in.I started getting hot north of Nashville after I filled up with diesel(cut the WVO mixture we put in in Evansville).Would run 190-210.Mostly stayed around 200.Then we stopped at a truck stop south of Nashvill(well,I hooked back up with Wrecker.We got separated when he took the parkway out of Evansville and I took old 41).He wanted to take a short cut through decatur and was leading the way.I thought we was going to do 55MPH give or take but I was giving it all she had trying to keep up with him.Several time I had to pop it out o gear and coast down some really long hills to let the EGTs cool down and the coolant temp cool.Finally around Decatur she blew.I was tooling along running god knows what(Speedo showed 60MPH but it is calibrated for 9.00s) and suddenly the trucks vibrations changed and I noticed the throttle pedal didn't do anything.Clutched it and the tach went to zero.Headed for the side of the road and coasted as far as I could since wrecker was a mile ahead of me:)evil:) Noticed behind me a fan shaped line of fluid.When I finally stopped steam and coolant came pouring out.After it cooled down and we dumped some more water in I hit the switch and it was sluggish at first turning over but did finally fire.Had a really nasty knock at the rear of the engine.LOTS of blow by,the oil pressure is still the same(a super high 10-20PSI hot....:roll:) but it is Much lower on power.Does anyone have a compression tester I could rent or borrow?Figures.This weekend REALLY sucked......other than the MVPA convention....Got sunburned,blew up my truck,got the notice at work we are being cut back to 40 Hour MAX a week(was 48 hour mandatory MINIMUM a week)......So,Now I got plenty of time to work on my trucks........Just NO FREAKING MONEY!!!!!

54reo

On Saturday, I couldn't keep up with you, and I was topped out at 57 MPH (that was the hardest I have ever pushed my truck BTW).

Your truck was rolling black smoke and pulling away at a high rate of speed.

Didn't you say something about 2900 RPM and 1400* EGTs??

:twisted:

HA!

Slow and steady, 50-53 MPH, but I made it home intact.

(sorry to hear about your troubles, and glad you made it home with Murphy!!)

FreightTrain

Banned
hee hee hee,But it ran so smooth....Funny thing was the EGTs never got over 1200 degrees today period.Even after it blew.When it hit 1400 before was after a REALLY hard long pull.I have to really try to get it over 1200 degrees......But the 2900RPM was pretty easy....I usually only do that when showing out cause I can hit 65MPH at normal max(2600RPM and 56MPH on the 9.00 calibrated speedo).Today I guess combined with trying to keep up with murphy and the 95degree plus temps was too much.....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Messiah would never be stranded...He's the real thing. Anyway, hope you get some assistance soon.
Isn't this the truth Andy, the real truth!

FT, sounds like you were banging nails in the coffin the whole trip, got that last nail in the coffin around Decatur. Keep on Truckin'

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
2900 rpm and 1200 deg. egts? You posting to brag, or looking for sympathy? I hope your not suprised of the outcome(I'm not).:wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks