• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Dump we have all seen in the upper left

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My brother was in the Army from 1982 through 2002. He was an Engineer and was attached to both the 101st AB and 82nd AB. He said those were the only places that he ever saw an M342A2. He said the AB units used them because they could more easily be air-dropped than a 5 ton dump. He told me a story of a time when he and two other soldiers spent a very cold and wet night sleeping in the cab of a deuce dump! I wanted the truck that was up for auction, but I could not pay $12K either.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was a fairly new bidder...in the 400,XXX range. That means that 400,000 people registered for GL before him.

xm708

duece dump

Its a shame there is one in Connecticut for sale which looks cleaner than that one but it seems the guy can't sell it for some reason. This one is an m342 just like that one no winch and it has been in the MVM for quite a few months is it location ???

ed

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are correct, Mike...the bidder #s start at 77000001 or something. I never pay attention to the first few #s since they are same for all bidders as far as I know. The first few people to register were 77000001 and 77000002. I am not telling anyone anything they cannot deduce from looking at their own bidder # and figuring out when they registered. So, with that said, 77400000 or so (according to site rules, I cannot disclose other's bidder #s and this is not his exact bidder #) got the truck. This person is a fairly new bidder...I'd say he registered this past Spring or Winter.

saddamsnightmare

September 12th, 2008.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEP POCKETS!!!!! Man, I'd love to have one, guess I'll have to settle for a Unimog tipper!!!

rofl
When Bill Gates puts me in his will, I'll settle for an HEMTT conversion to a dump truck, if there are any out there, or a URAL or KRAZ.......!
Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

dependable

I was also checking this rig out on GL thinking it was was nice. After seeing what it went for, it seems to me that one could put a new dump frame on a regular chassis and come out ahead. I realize that collecabiltiy is important. But some of us can justify getting a deuce only if we can work it, as in billable hours. I had a brand new dump body and frame put on my f-800 a couple years ago for less than $7k. If you have time to mess around in junk yards as I used to, you could do it for a lot less.

alphadeltaromeo

jeli said:
$12K isn't much for a collector piece that looks like a solid truck. Being an engineer for the past 24 years I've spent a day or two in 5 ton dumps. As cool as it looks I'd hate to spend too much time hauling material without power steering and in a cab with a steering wheel that almost rubs me belly!!!
well with all the weight in the back of that thing, it will seem like power steering lol as the front end reaches for the sky rofl

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Dependable:
That is what I was saying too and I am very glad to see you like the site. I used to be stationed at Fort Devens in MA. It sure is a beautiful commonwealth. Can you post some pictures in a thread about working Military Vehicles? That would be inspiring to many of us. Welcome to the site too and if you have not found out already we have a great bunch and can usually find one member that can help you with a problem from engines to spiritual issues.

God bless

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I had disposable cash in that amount, I would have certainly bought it. That new of a truck is pretty rare as far as tippers go. So you end up with $14,500 in the truck. About half of an average pickup, can do 10 times the work, runs on everything short of peepee and vinegar and has an immense cool factor. It's small enough to drive to the mall too. If steering is an issue, that can be remedied too. When I started dealing in deuces, I found it an obnoxious looking tipper. Ken Kublo had a really nice winch version on his website for a long time priced at $6500. Since I fell in love with the little boogers, I've tried to kick me backside repeatedly for not buying it. I had the opportunity to buy JWC,s tipper before he bought it and dropped the ball there too. I just like them I guess. I know where there is an M59 and I'm waiting for the right time to strike with dead presidents.

zak

I've been away from the internet for the last few days and just now saw the final price. WOW. I now know why I can't even draw a single number on a lotto ticket. I used up all my luck when I bought my dump and trailer at auction for $1100. It was missing the radiator and the starter need to be re-installed. Its hauled numerous loads of sand and top soil, and is sitting now loaded with crushed limestone. The picture is of it sitting at the auction site.

Kenny if I ever decide to sell it, I'll call you first.

Attachments