• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Dumper

Gatnom

I’m going to look at what’s left of a deuce dump truck over the next couple of days.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> The fellow who has it bought it for the front axle to put under a mud buggy.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> Unfortunately he scrapped the cab and frame, but still has the hoist and all the running gear,(engine, trans, transfer, etc).<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> He says it is a twin cyl. hoist and I was wondering if anyone had seen one on a deuce before, as I haven’t.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> I’ll probably pick it up ($ 450, complete pto to bed) as it seems like a decent price.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> Will see what he wants for the rest of the driveline as well, maybe I can talk him into throwing it all in the package.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> Dave <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You must take pics. Sounds like the remains of an M342A2. If it was a winch truck then its got a pretty rare PTO with front and rear outputs. Let us know!

Gatnom

I'm heading off today to take a look. Not sure what kind of job he did dimantleing everything, but i hope to return with enough to build a working dump and maybe pick up some good spare parts. I had guesswd that the twin cyl. hoist was a home built, but at least there is a possibilty that iits is a factory design. If there is anything worthwhile, I'll try and post a pic or two. Thanks: Dave

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If its a military setup it would be the M342A2. The older dumps used a single cylinder for the bed.

Red Neck

My M342A2 without winch has a unused front facing PTO shaft on the trans PTO, so maybe they used a standard one.

Gatnom

Well, you guys called it. There was not enough left to tell what it was originally, but your info on the PTO was good. The hoist is deffinately original, the bed is real bad and the cab protector is gone. The first thing I noticed was the PTO. He said it was a winch truck, but the winch was long gone. The PTO was exactly as you thought it would be. The second thing I noticed was the REB shift lever on the transmission; I struck paydirt! He still had the transfer case and it has the Memphis REB kit for sure! Unfortunately, the multi fuel engine turned out to be a White REO Gold Comet. He wanted another $150 for what he had left, so I came home with the engine, tranny, transfer case, hoist, 2 brake drums and backing plates for $600. Seemed worthwhile to me. The tandems were gone, having been replace with what looked like a Mack single. I may one of these days get around to figureing out how to get the 3053 behind the SB Chevy in my M715. I'll keep the transfer for the day my sprags go out. I'll probably look for someone to take the engine off my hands, although it looks like the generator will fit my M37 and the compressor may be usefull for something one of these days. I'm already trying to figure out what's going to have to move to fit up the hoist pump. The spare tire and air tanks are going to be a problem, but I'll get it straightend out somehow. I'm going to try putting a link to an image gallery of the days treasure find. Click on the "Gatnom's latest pictures" link on the left on top the string of photos. The individual photos can hen be opened to full size. Dave

http://img18.imageshack.us/img_viewer.php?g=whitetagii3fh.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was hoping the PTO was there. Good find on the REB kit and the PTO. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks