• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Engine run away

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a Duce a year ago with a new engine it has been starting right up but the last time I tryed to start if acted like it did not want to start I patted the gas and then it acted liked it was going to run away I shut it down with the stop it had set for about 3 months . is there something I need to check on the IP to make sure it is not stuck in wide open from sitting before trying to start it again
AEC Retired Tony

hklvette

I had this happen to me after adjusting the IP advance. What I think happened is unburnt fuel got deposited in the piston bowl while turning the engine to the proper position, then lit all at once when I started it, making it seem like a runaway.

my $.02

badgmc56

I hear of people letting their MV's sit for months at a time. What I have found time and time again is the worse thing you can do is let a vehicle sit for a long period of time with out starting it or driving it. Try to start or drive it at least once a week. It keeps every thing rotated and lubricated.

Katahdin

Could the hand throttle have been pulled out a couple notches, ie for cold weather starting 3 months ago? That with the pedal feathering would give you that run-away sensation. Ask me how I know.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Heavy...the guy in Rome is not Tony......I have sold axles and other stuff to him. Seems to be a decent guy to do biz with.

Tony.....I bought two deuces a couple years ago out of a junkyard that had been sitting a long time. Both of them went WOT when I started them.....I was told that if that happened it was a sign that the IP pump was bad. I scrapped both of them out so I never tried to fix the prob.