• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce export question

TaylorTradingCo

I have a question about exporting. I know when I buy from GL I agree to a non-export agreement. I know there is probably some additional paperwork I could do to change that, but I don't feel like the hassle. I have never even filed for a SF-97.

I just bought four trucks from GSA recently that came from Fire Dept.'s and Forestry Service.

My question is do the same export restriction still apply to these trucks?

I don't recall filling out any such paperwork with them.

Derek Taylor

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Everyone has an opinion on this, mine is, if it comes from GSA there is no such restriction, nor is there any paperwork restricting sale. I have a 1028A3 from GSA, and the only paperwork I needed was the SF97, which I received when I picked up the truck.

Standing by for flames. . .

Attachments

FrankUSMC

Church down the road has been sending military trucks to Haiti for years with no problems. They were sending 4x4 pick ups, but the roads are so bad down there, they said that after a year the truck would need replacing.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

area52

I have research this before and the answer is YES! You can export these trucks but only to certain countries and there is a lot of paper work involved and it costs $$$. Not sure on the state department thing but if you are gonna try to export, use a reputable company that has done this before.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will need an export license. The source of the item you are exporting has nothing to do with the requirement for an export license.

KsM715

spray bottles of glass cleaner and pencils have NSN's also. . .

And I bet you are technically not supposed to export those either. :smile:

I'm also willing to bet that when the different state dept. recieve the trucks from the feds they are informed that they cannot export the trucks, or since they are Gov. also it is assumed that they are supposed to know this. Somewhere between the Gov., the State dept. and GSA that info just gets left out.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are really interested in exporting your trucks, you can start by going to the following URL DSP-5 Export License Application Requirements - Export Rules The State Dept handles export licenses for military equipment. Export licenses for other types of equipment are handled by the Export Administration Regulations of the Commerece Dept. Since your vehicles are classified as tactical military vehicles, they are classified as Category VII - Tanks and Military Vehicles on the U.S. Munitions List. You can view the U.S. Munitions list by going to the URL International Traffic In Arms Regulations - PART 121-THE UNITED STATES MUNITIONS LIST . The difficulty in receiving an approved Export License for your vehicles will depend strongly on what country you are planning on exporting to, and additionally the End User. You do NOT want to get caught even attempting to export items on the U.S. Munitions List without an approved export license.

The process is very bureaucratic and sometimes doesn't seem to make much sense. Good luck if you decide to proceed with this. If I was you I'd forget the idea.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That last post is dead on correct.. And the export licesnce costs $3000ish last time I checked, plus Uncle gets a % of the cost of the sale also.

ranchand

Why would you want to export? Keep them all here for us! I want my grandchildren to be able to own a duece. Well, they will prolly get mine but you know what I mean:smile:

surewriting

Would shipping it overseas for personal use (say an off-road adventure across several continents) be considered exporting? Is that a totally different subject?

papercu

This has been asked before and even though you don't fill out a EUC you are still
bound to the same conditions.
To read their TOS go to the GSA auction site, click on "Terms and Conditions" then "Other Special Requirements
and Conditions." and then "Export Restriction Notice." Everthing in ALL those sections, you have agreed
to when you placed a bid. Wayne

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would shipping it overseas for personal use (say an off-road adventure across several continents) be considered exporting? Is that a totally different subject?
It is possible to apply for an export license for a temporary export. However, the bigger question is where you want to temporarily export the vehicle to. Some countries outlaw personal use of military vehicles. Others outlaw camo paint jobs or military-looking paint jobs on any vehicle, including civiliarn vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks