• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce fire truck spotted

ridingshotgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somewhere on here, I thought I saw a thread about deuces being used as fire trucks / brush trucks. Now, all I can find are individual threads about member's specific trucks and I don't want to hijack the thread. If a mod thinks this belongs in a thread dedicated to this, please move it accordingly.
I was in Missouri Valley, Iowa last spring hauling some oversize freight and I was stopped on main street in town waiting for some construction equipment to move out of my way. I saw the local FD had their Deuce sitting out looking pretty, so I snapped some pics from the truck seat. I just was looking through my phone and realized that I hadn't shared them...

IMAG0476.jpgIMAG0477.jpgIMAG0478.jpgIMAG0479.jpg

Flyingvan911

Nice pics. In Oklahoma a while back I saw a deuce fuel truck at in a highway construction area. I good way to deliver fuel without moving big equipment.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for sharing.

I like the tires they have on it. Looks like they would work good off road.

Scarecrow1

Very cool I love to see the Deuces get a new lease on life where they are still serving a great purpose. There are a few 923,s in SC that I have seen in the volunteer FD,s but I never seem to have my camera. Thanks for sharing.........

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool I love to see the Deuces get a new lease on life where they are still serving a great purpose. There are a few 923,s in SC that I have seen in the volunteer FD,s but I never seem to have my camera. Thanks for sharing.........
They've also caused a few deaths because firefighters have mistaken them for tanks.

rlwm211

That truck is a brush fire truck built after the deuce left the armed services.

The 530 B and C are the two variants that were produced en masse.

If anyone needs the TMs for those models you can download them at Jatonka's website. Jatonka does have a nice 530B .

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was one for Colton, CA fire department available for sale several years ago- I think I'll try to find out what happened to it.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks