• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce folowed me home hunny can i keep it

jtrojan715

well drove my new duce home sunday:driver: 4 and a half hours of a numb butt and loved it the only problem is it wont do over 2300 rpms and 50 mph and it hates hills. did the unloaded rpm check and 2300 is it will be replacing the fuel filters this week end to see if that will help but the big ? is where do i find all the TM's for this big green beast cant seem to find them on here? yes i know i need pics will post them up soon. any one in the Chico ca area that might be willing to help me out if i run into something i just cant work out on my own

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is a hot potatoe, but I would not push her much past 2300, as she is a 40 yo truck... I run 2350 at 52mph all day long and she seems to like it. She also does NOT like hills, overpasses, or bridges.

I did about the same to my wife, told her that I was going to pick up 2 trucks and bring them back home that night. I told her TWICE that she is gonna hate me when I get back home me as they are BIG (cucv and deuce). No problems at all, until I drove up...thats when 'the look' was cast in my direction...

Congrats on the new member to your family! :beer: and remember, there is NO KNOWN cure to your addiction!:jumpin::cookoo::jumpin::cookoo:

Oh yeah, you officially can say, you have a case of Deuce Butt!

Last edited:

sp00n

Truck doesn't have much business going over 2300rpms. Redline is 2600 and it really doesn't make any power between 2300 and 2600 anyway.

shenkmen

The TM's are available here as well - Technical Manuals

Change your air filter along with the primary fuel filter and the two secondary fuel filters.

Make sure you check the brake system including but not limited too the lines, wheel cylinders, master cylinder, air pack - the list goes on. Safety first. There are many things to check outside of the brake system as well.

Make sure you use the search function on this website as well.

Enjoy your deuce carefully.

Akicita

50 mph at 2300 RPM sounds about right. I had mine up to 55 at 2500 this past weekend for a short stretch on a 4 lane hwy. but I prefer to go 40 to 45 mph because of the lower noise level at that speed. That also helps with fuel consumption and general safety. There's an incline on the road I travel most often and I have to shift into 4th even when I don't haul a load just to make it to the top without blowing black smoke into the air and lugging the engine. The Deuce is no race car. You have to accept that.

In addition to what has already been suggested, you should also check the air pressure in your tires regularly. I found that some of my tires don't hold air as well as others, and low pressure will influence your speed.

Enjoy !

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My second M35 is a strong truck - it will do 2300 rpm all day long, pulling the MKT-85. On hills (what little ones we have here in SC), it will drop down to 2100 rpm pulling the MKT, but stays in 5th gear. I've got the spin on oil filters on it and try to keep up with all the PM. BTW, it will go 2500 rpm, but my foot does not let it. there is no NEED (but there is usually a desire among many) to go faster!2cents

91W350

I got lucky and have a really strong pulling deuce, but I do not know if she will run 50, 48 is the highest I have seen. Most of the time on the highway it looks like this....

Attachments

ryker725

When I brought mine home I ran between 50 - 55 on the interstate in flat South Louisiana. My tach is missing the red line and I didn't know the limits until later. But I was pushing it the entire trip. The Mississippi river bridge slowed her down but managed to get up without downshifting. 1.5 hours on the interstate and her tongue was hanging out when I got it home. That will be the last time she sees that speed.. I'll be avoiding interstates when possible and enjoy the view..

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My second M35 is a strong truck - it will do 2300 rpm all day long, pulling the MKT-85. On hills (what little ones we have here in SC), it will drop down to 2100 rpm pulling the MKT, but stays in 5th gear. I've got the spin on oil filters on it and try to keep up with all the PM. BTW, it will go 2500 rpm, but my foot does not let it. there is no NEED (but there is usually a desire among many) to go faster!2cents
Agreed. Something about a rod sticking out the side of the block does not appeal to me. plus fuel going up, i like to cruze easy. 95% of the time im empty anyway.

jtrojan715

well put her to work today load of oak 1/2 way up the side rails she did great! no black smoke on the hills good bad????? down loaded the tm's (thanks for the links) picked up a extra set of side rails and a spare tire and rim today FOR FREE all in al a very good day:grin:

RAYZER

I have a 1970 m35a2 that I bought a year ago with 27000 showing on the speedo,its now showing 31k (thats 4k in one year), I do take good care of her by performing regular pm.However,i drive it like I stole it,55 to 59 mph @ 2500rpm when on the open road,it seems the more I drive it the better she seems to run.Although I do have a spare motor ready to go ,hope I don't need it any time soon.
:grd:

BEASTMASTER

you bought a 40 yr. old truck that was primarily built for off road . you got low gears and 197 hp. did you really think you'd be in the passing lane on the interstate??????????????

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 1970 m35a2 that I bought a year ago with 27000 showing on the speedo,its now showing 31k (thats 4k in one year), I do take good care of her by performing regular pm.However,i drive it like I stole it,55 to 59 mph @ 2500rpm when on the open road,it seems the more I drive it the better she seems to run.Although I do have a spare motor ready to go ,hope I don't need it any time soon.
:grd:
If I were a betting man, I would bet you'll be using that spare engine much sooner than you would like to.

To mutate a famous quote...

"A fool and his spare engine are soon parted."

A wise operator learns to respect his machine and operate it not as an amateur or apprentice, but as a MASTER CRAFTSMAN who knows his ART.

Your "hope" roughly equates to another famous quote....

"You can wish in one hand and < p o o p > in the other - See which one fills up faster."

You can either learn from the mistakes of others OR you can suffer your own mistakes. It's YOUR choice.
:nothingfunny:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks