• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce For sale. Is it worth it?

red

I decided I'm not going to buy it. I feel bad for letting it get cut up, but let's be real: I'm 17, to school all day until 3PM, and have hours of homework and crap to do when I get home (ignoring the fact that once I leave school I'm practically brain dead and just wanna sleep).

I do know a lot about fixing cars/trucks and could repair pretty much anything mechanical, as my dad was a mechanic for a long time and I've learned a lot... Probably more than I need to know (down to tasting oil to see if it's still good).

The truck is in South Florida in Ft.Lauderdale. If anyone near here is interested I can give you the guy's number.
Trucks in better condition pop up often for reasonable prices.

nukem

If she happens to have the 427, I'd snatched it up at scrap price and sit on it. Those axles will fetch around $1500 pulled. I'd even offer scrap price for what's left. Lots of small parts there. Even if it's not a 427, if it's an early 465 turbo it will have a whistler which some people desire. Get the experience of rebuilding it and make some money by selling it.

When I die, I'm listed as an organ donar. I doubt if many people would want any of my parts but,,,,

bwinzey

Honestly, what drove me off is the idea that if I drop $1,700 into getting the truck and probably some more when I start fixing it, and something comes up and I need to sell it, I feel like I'm going to have a lot of trouble selling it for at least what I put into it.

Maybe in the future when I have an income I'll be more comfortable with spending so much money on a project, but right now pretty much my only monetary income is from gifts and building computers and selling them, but they also take a while to sell and don't bring much profit.

I can pretty much do all the off-roading I need with my pickup, so I was thinking about just buying a sitting jet-ski that needs a tune up, such as a carburetor cleaning, and fix it up, screw around with it some, and easily sell it for some profit it I need the money.

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Honestly, what drove me off is the idea that if I drop $1,700 into getting the truck and probably some more when I start fixing it, and something comes up and I need to sell it, I feel like I'm going to have a lot of trouble selling it for at least what I put into it.

Maybe in the future when I have an income I'll be more comfortable with spending so much money on a project, but right now pretty much my only monetary income is from gifts and building computers and selling them, but they also take a while to sell and don't bring much profit.

I can pretty much do all the off-roading I need with my pickup, so I was thinking about just buying a sitting jet-ski that needs a tune up, such as a carburetor cleaning, and fix it up, screw around with it some, and easily sell it for some profit it I need the money.
Maybe a better intro MV would be a cuccv

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are wise.

All things in time...

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems to me that you've learned some valuable lessons, young grasshopper. Keep hanging out with us old f@rts, er, seasoned MV owners. ;-) We want the Green Iron Disease to spread as far as possible, and are more than willing to help you deepen your illness.
:cookoo: :jumpin: :lol:

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You did the right thing, but I totally would have been tempted too. It's hard to resist saving old green iron, but we can't save them all.

It might pop up again, keep an eye out. If you have space to let it sit and can spare that $1000 or so you mentioned, you could call him in a month and see if he ever went through with scrapping and offer him scrap price and you'll take it away so he doesn't have to. Then make it a spare or long term project.

And, Welcome!

Bulldogger

DavidWymore

bwinzey, would you be willing to go look again and get pics of the engine tag (passenger side), data plates on the dash, etc.? Post here and tell the guy you're passing it around to see if someone else would be interested in saving it?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
bwinzey, would you be willing to go look again and get pics of the engine tag (passenger side), data plates on the dash, etc.? Post here and tell the guy you're passing it around to see if someone else would be interested in saving it?
I would like to know where it is, would get the info We need but OP does not reply..

bwinzey

The truck is in the back of the terrain, you can't see it without actually going in.
The direction is really confusing but I was able to track it through maps. Make sure to call him before coming because he works like 30 minutes away.
Capture_LI.jpg

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
1647 02202017
I just talked with the owner, Willie.
Runs and drives LDS 465 whistler and of course no brakes.
Transmission/transfer case good.
It is inaccessible without Him being there and He is 25 miles away from location given.
Does the SS just want nice pictures and or is anybody interested?

26°03'12.94"N
80°17'27.71W

Last edited:

DavidWymore

I spy a large diameter wiper knob = A1. Looks like a plugged up stomp starter hole (A1) in front of the brake pedal. Wonder if it has the big turbo...

I know of another A1 for sale, member here, can't recall his name. Plane in avatar. Maybe I'll make a twofer trip around the country and start an A1 collection, haha!

bwinzey

Does the fact that it's an A1 make much of a difference? I know they're older but other than that, aren't they worth the same? Either way I already bought another project but I just hope someone picks it up before he starts cutting up the axles, if he hasn't already done so.

DavidWymore

Does the fact that it's an A1 make much of a difference? I know they're older but other than that, aren't they worth the same? Either way I already bought another project but I just hope someone picks it up before he starts cutting up the axles, if he hasn't already done so.
Monetarily, not really, especially if it doesn't still have the LDS-427.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks