• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce from WI to NY on 8/27 and 8/28

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone even had a fuel leak on the HH like this? I have been searching threads...

Has anyone cut a HH in half? or done a complete HH dissection? If anyone recalls a thread on this or has a link, please post up.

kennys@wi.rr.com

Thank you doghead for taking over on this leg of their journey. I got a message from Don and Jackie while I was getting out of church that someone is there with them now working on the HH. I have never heard of one of these set screws leaking. Looks like there is one more thing for me to add to the list of items I need to learn more about.

kennys@wi.rr.com

Just got word in from Jackie. Turns out the HH was cracked. Thank you to monkeyboyarmy for coming to the rescue with one. Now to get it installed and get them back on the road.

kennys@wi.rr.com

Talked to Don a few minutes ago. There was a hair line crack in the HH coming up from the set screw. Monkeyboyarmy replaced the HH and the truck is back up and running. As of now they are back on I90 and headed for home. Thank you to all who have helped from the shadows.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MBA, SS man of the week!fat lady sings

Your the man, Greg.

BTW, WM is second runner up, for prolifically shorting out his truck and finding his problem.(who'dathunkit)

Last edited:

kennys@wi.rr.com

Latest update from Jackie. They are in Rochester, NY. Almost home and done with this chapter of deuce ownership. Jackie has enjoyed the experiance so much she even joked about buying her own deuce in WI just so they can do it all over again.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great, thanks for the updates.

DonaldB

Deuce is Now At its Home In Ontario, NY

My wife Jackie and I ("DonaldB") want to thank everyone for the help in getting my first Army Truck home! My wife & I have a special thanks to "MonkeyBoyArmy" for all his help at he truck stop in PA. Without him we would probably still be sitting there now with the bathroom attendent telling us we can NOT work on the truck in the parking lot. I learned so much about the HH and its timing. Thanks to Kenny, Eric, Gimpy and SS web for all the phone support to get the truck back up and running. My wife and I will never forget this trip (she has decided she wants to learn how to drive it)! I also want to thank Kenny for all he did to get my truck ready for the trip as well as the recovery from the Army Base to his place.
PS My daughters could not wait for me to take them on a joy ride around the block. We plan to take my Daughter to her first day of High School in the new to me Deuce aka Army School Bus (she may be the talk of the school).