• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce from Wisconsin to S.E. Ohio

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all,

Tonight I won my first Deuce from GL. The sale was in Sparta, Wisconsin and I need to get it from there to outside of Cambridge, OH. Time frame is in about 2 weeks, I can stall for a while submitting the EUC, since they are going through so much faster now than they were, I expect the EUC to take about 1 or 1 1/2 weeks to clear. Any help would be appreciated.

If anybody from Ohio or close to Ohio won one from up there as well, maybe we could double up for a semi and split the shipping???? Or possibly a joint recovery effort to get at least one running and tow the other (getting both running would be best of course). I have plenty of acreage to store yours for a while until it could be driven home.

A trailer with winch would be preferred because of the horror stories I've heard about GL loading with a fork lift and damaging things. A tow would be good also.

Any help would be appreciated, this is my first deuce and I'm really excited about getting her home and starting the process of licensing and getting a title.

Attachments

roscoe

I wanted that truck but I was too cheap. I would just drive it home - that truck appeared to be in good condition. I drove my duece home to north east IN, from there about a month ago, with no real problems. Like Dr. Greg said, Mike in Mcoy is a good guy, your truck will be fine.

Haven alot of fun

Congrats.:-D

When I got my duece home I got farm plates on it about $150. It was alot cheaper than standerd plates.
Also on insurance farm use. I pay about $ 140 a year with that .

Have a good one safe drive home.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
roscoe said:
I wanted that truck but I was too cheap. I would just drive it home - that truck appeared to be in good condition. I drove my duece home to north east IN, from there about a month ago, with no real problems. Like Dr. Greg said, Mike in Mcoy is a good guy, your truck will be fine.
It does appear to be in nice condition, and the fact that in the pictures it's running helps out a lot!!!

Haven alot of fun said:
Congrats.:grin:

When I got my duece home I got farm plates on it about $150. It was alot cheaper than standerd plates.
Also on insurance farm use. I pay about $ 140 a year with that .

Have a good one safe drive home.
I was leaning that way too, I'm just not sure about the restrictions for farm use...and if they'll stop me if I'm not using it as such.

chill63

Congrats! Nice looking truck you got there! Try some of the truckers that post on the forum here. Lavarok and myself had great service from MD Carriers, but I'm not sure he goes to your neck of the woods. I've also heard a lot of good things about Hotshot. I think his username here is heavy. Send him a PM, he'll get back to you quick.

Last edited:

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
swbradley1 said:
How can you tell it's running in the pictures?
Sorry, The picture of the quages wasn't in this post...I posted it in another thread, but the tach, just over 1000 rpm,s. Oil pressure over 50 psi, temp gauge over 150 degrees. Unless all the gauges are screwed up...it's running

Attachments

98hd

Mike up there is great. I've driven two home from up there that he said were running in the auction details. If it was labeled driven in, I would be pretty comfortable driving something home from sparta. Just check all the little stuff.

poof

Dirty Hippie
live in Watertown
am unemployed right now..Valid drivers license.. have 40 acres, to hold up on if needed during any recovery.
How can I help .
J.P.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry, The picture of the quages wasn't in this post...I posted it in another thread, but the tach, just over 1000 rpm,s. Oil pressure over 50 psi, temp gauge over 150 degrees. Unless all the gauges are screwed up...it's running

I thought I was going blind and could not see black smoke...... ;-)

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
poof said:
live in Watertown
am unemployed right now..Valid drivers license.. have 40 acres, to hold up on if needed during any recovery.
How can I help .
J.P.
J.P.
Thanks for the offer, If I decide to come get her, would there be any way we could meet up and maybe have you help me give her a good once over, before the long trip home. This is my first deuce, and there are plenty of things I won't even begin to pretend I know about it. I could fix about anything on her, given enough time. But during a recovery, I can't imagine they'll let you do too much to the truck while it's on base. I just need some help and advice making sure she's road worthy, if I decide to come get it.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah,
but now I don't have the time to change out the blower wheel, for at least another week. I was stupid and bought a monster of an air compressor and picked it up on the same day. Then I turn around and buy a deuce all the way up in WI. the day after I get them home. WHAT THE H**L WAS I THINKING!!!!!!!!

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bump...

My EUC was sent to Battle Creek today. It looks like I'm going to drive up and get her. If there is anybody who lives along the route between Cambridge Ohio and Sparta Wisconsin, I would really appreciate it if you would make yourselves known to me, if you would like you can send me a PM. I would like to get a few people who live along the route who might be available to assist in the event of trouble on the way back. I can't imagine the inconvienence of being broke down along the interstate in a deuce and not having someone to call to assist, who knows the trucks.

So anyone who could offer assistance if needed during the trip home in late June I would really appreciate knowing about them!!!!

grounded

Banned
im in the northwest corner of OH. feel free to contact me if needed. plus if i know whta days your traveling i can make sure im able to travel with parts if need be ;)