• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Front Fenders, Boots and Turbo

plym49

While your at this.... On your 1st post, picture #2, those wires should have something shielding them from constant jiggles on the frame. Otherwise after a while of rubbing, the smoke might leak out of them. There can be a lot of smoike too, in 24V wires.
Good catch; sharp eyes. Those were actually all zip tied together when I pulled the fender. They were run by the PO and control 12v driving, backup and trailer lights. He had them zip tied to the main loom, a zillion white ties and not one trimmed. Their appearance had always offended me. :) One of the first things I did when I got that fender off was to cut all of the old zip ties. I will cover all of them with split loom.

plym49

That little box is for the same reason as the square holes in the M105 trailer...just to drive us nuts and make us ask questions. You have your work cut out for you John, it will keep you out of trouble for awhile. :p
I picture a bunch of engineers standing around, white shirts, pocket protectors, slide rules and briar pipes/Chesterfields. Back from a three martini lunch and getting a kick out of the little surprises they bury in these vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks