• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce front spring mod help

txdodge43man

I notest that with the M66 mounted on my truck it is leaning to the passanger side. I was wandering if anyone has any good ideas to counter this problem? I was thinking mabye a add leave or a small spacer block or adding a helper spring. I read a post talking about adding the helper spring from a M105 has anyone done that mod to the front springs? Any ideas would be great.

UpstateNYer

I notest that with the M66 mounted on my truck it is leaning to the passanger side. I was wandering if anyone has any good ideas to counter this problem? I was thinking mabye a add leave or a small spacer block or adding a helper spring. I read a post talking about adding the helper spring from a M105 has anyone done that mod to the front springs? Any ideas would be great.
I don't have any input on the subject other than to say, please do not put a block on a front axle. The loads a steering axle puts on the ubolts and springs are far higher than on a rearend. Infact it is illegal to use a block in a frontend in many states.

txdodge43man

I know that adding a spacer block to the front end is a big no no I was just throwing ideas out there. I was thinking of adding another leaf to the spring but not sure. A friend at work told me to have the springs rearched but im not a big fan of that idea.

wsucougarx

Just thinking, you do have a lot of weight to contend with on the port side (fuel tank, ring mount). I personally have not heard of any mods a guy could do to offset this issue. You figure the fuel tank itself weighs close to 500 lb's full and the ring mount adds another 450 lbs or so. You're looking at around 1k lb's

Last edited:

UpstateNYer

I don't see any reason you could not have a local spring shop make you an additional leaf. I just didn't want anyone getting hurt with the block thing.

jwaller

I would think about a rearch. no telling how old the springs are and you might gain a bit of lift out of it. I've been wanting to do it to mine for some time now but just havent
yet.

LanceRobson

I'm thinking that about 1,400 rounds of .50 ball or AP in the front left corner of the bed would do the trick.......

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks