• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce front winch clutch control lever safety latch

Buderwuder

I am looking for the latch that prevents the winch clutch engaging, I believe it is attached to the frame of the truck and flips up around the bottom of the clutch control arm to keep it in neutral. I cannot even find a picture of one to try and make it. Any help finding one or pictures of one so I can at least see what it is would surely appreciated.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am looking for the latch that prevents the winch clutch engaging, I believe it is attached to the frame of the truck and flips up around the bottom of the clutch control arm to keep it in neutral. I cannot even find a picture of one to try and make it. Any help finding one or pictures of one so I can at least see what it is would surely appreciated.

try TM 9-2320-361-24P and TM 9-3836-206-34P

Look for winch in the TM when viewed as a PDF. Open the PDF and click on Ctrl and F at sametime and get a search box. Go thru the TM's like that util you get the diagrams which will give a part number. Put the part number or NSN into Part Target to get to anything you would ever want to know about that lever.

Fiqure 3 in here?
Or was it that lille piece of flat 3/8" steel notched out?

Attachments

Last edited:

Buderwuder

I have been thru both of these manuals time and time again, and do not see this part, if you know what the part number/NSN is please share it so I can locate it. these manuals are limited in the parts that are frame attached. Thanks

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been thru both of these manuals time and time again, and do not see this part, if you know what the part number/NSN is please share it so I can locate it. these manuals are limited in the parts that are frame attached. Thanks
You won't find a part number for that safety latch because it comes welded to the rear U-channel.

Here are a few pics and if you want to make one I can give you exact dimensions, tomorrow.
It is not that difficult to find and adapt some kind of gate/door hinge, for that use.

017 B.jpg DSCI0008 B.jpg DSCI0011 B.jpg Clutch lever locking tab B (2).jpg

Buderwuder

You won't find a part number for that safety latch because it comes welded to the rear U-channel.

Here are a few pics and if you want to make one I can give you exact dimensions, tomorrow.
It is not that difficult to find and adapt some kind of gate/door hinge, for that use.

View attachment 858053 View attachment 858054 View attachment 858055 View attachment 858059
Wow I didn’t realize it was part of the crossmember. Yes please send measurements, I believe I am going to have to make it.

thanks

Buderwuder

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a w/w and that latch is more trouble than it is worth, IMHO. The clutch is highly unlikely to move on its own and the latch is a radiator killer if you ever forget about it when leaning the rad forward for removal. Operating the latch requires fingers in the space between grille and winch and you can't see what you are doing.
I would not bother replacing it, but your mileage may vary!

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The clutch is highly unlikely to move on its own......
Agreed. The problem is, when unlocked the lever could be moved accidentally. Or even on purpose, by an "uninvited" operator, while you left your truck parked to go shopping....... The fact that that latch is kind of hidden helps to prevent the latter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks