• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce front winch

nightrain cowboy

anybody know if there is a parts base for these winches? before i got my truck, some idiot shattered the input shaft housing by using the wrong shear pin. need to try to find a case for it. cant find another winch cheap enough. got to find the pto shaft to. any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

wsucougarx

PTO shafts can be had for $100 at Winers Motors. They are brand spankin new complete with both ends and U-joints. Good luck on finding just the case. More than likely you'll need to find the entire front assy. Keep the old broken winch for parts though

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a couple of parts winches but I've already sold the gear housings. This is a pretty common item to break if you use the wrong shear pin or let the cable build up too much on one side.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M135 winch is the same, just has the ends switched side to side and the worm gear in a different direction in the case, which can be changed. I do not have any parts winches, sorry!
Regards Marti

tm america

m135 winches are the same other than the brake handle is round instead of a lever like on the m35 they are the same casting number and same number on the info tag on the winch itself. i have a winch form a m135 on my truck fits right on no need to change anything

retiredtoy

Hello you all. My name is John and I am new to SS. I was reading your post and I had to run outside in the snow and check my winch shear pin. It looks like I have a 5/16 inch grade 5 bolt in it. What is the correct shear pin? I had owned this M35A2 for about 2 months. I have it titled, liscensed, and insured. Have been pulling out trees to make room for a lake. Having a ball but I don't want to ruin winch. I know someone out there will have the info about the pin. Thanks in advance.:?:

Jake0147

First off, search this forum for "shear pin" and you will find overwhelming results that are kind of cumbersome to sort through, but is probably worth your time.

The conclusion is that grade five bolts are way too much. Here is one excellent post from the above search (but I had a username to shorten the list greatly...), kind of a long one and should be read completely as a conversation before you draw a conclusion from any one point. Except for one place, there was some very excellent empirical data posted by gringeltaube on the last page that is about as "factual" as you're going to find.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/7948-winch-shear-pins-4.html

retiredtoy

Jake0147, you saved my winch:!:
I'll get some correct shear pins.
Just to think, I used two snatch blocks, a dozer tied onto the back hitch of my deuce, and pulled a wall of mud 4 feet by 10 feet with a combine in it.
I double checked and there are no leaks or cracks. I am very lucky.

Thanks again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks