• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Fuel lines

603hellmutt

New truck to me and am trying to replace the fuel lines,
I have done quite a bit of searching and read many threads about fuel lines but wanted to see if there was a consensus on what is best? Stay with copper and flare it? Use the DOT air line? Rubber Hose?
I would appreciate a full parts list if anyone has one for any of them(fittings, hose length, etc)

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
how to get there

Truck is new to you. This Steel Soldiers place is the place to study.
If one were to goto the forums one would see sticky for information sought. All others that have posted data and information which was so good it got made into a sticky. Your answers are there.

That path is SS, Forum, post VN to DS vehicles, the Deuce, sticky, M35a2 injector return line fittings

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?127786-M35a2-injector-return-line-fittings

Here is additional, with the original way and one alternate way to get it done. Note that real Tygon tubing has been used for the lines ant the DOT line is stiffer.
actual fuel return line nut.jpgferrules and nuts attachment.jpgferrules and stuff attachment.jpg
return lines IMG_8671.jpg

The data has not been incorporated into the first sticky, Deuce parts list, but it should be.

Last edited:

77 AMG

And, another well timed thread makes its' appearance here. Thanks, frank8003 for bringing this info up. Welcome, 603hellmutt, as well. Enjoy getting to know your truck, and yourself, better. I know that I have.

dmetalmiki

I removed all the fuel lines on my M54A2 and replaced them with good quality re-enforced rubber tubing, I took all the fittings to a hydraulic company and they made up everything for me MINUS! any and all connectors and unneeded joints to all lengths as just have one pipe two ends! at very reasonable cost. And the truck has run like a gem ever since. Genuinely, Just 'touch button' and its running.

603hellmutt

im trying to find a local hydraulic shop that will do it but so far no luck, looks like ill be using rubber tubing and doing it myself. Gives me something to do i guess?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
If one ever puts gasoline, that stuff they call gasoline now, then one would find all the rubber parts installed not doing good. Do what they say and don not use rubber. This is a simple do it yourself job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks