• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce fuel milage test results

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
so i finally had time to do a definative mileage test. something scientific, no guess work like how full the tank is.

around town 30 - 35 mph stop and go, 7 to 8 mpg
varying traffic 48 to 52 mph, 10 mpg
steady 45 mph rolling hills, 12 mpg
steady 55 mph rolling hills, 12 mpg
loaded with 8,000 lbs, 45 mph rolling hills, 9 mpg
same load, 55 mph, 11 mpg

all the results were rounded down and the weight is conservative, really more like 8800 lbs. no problem making 60 mph on level, but with that load, hills killed it.

this is in a truck with new ip head, new injectors, new 14.5R20 tires and .69 overdrive. the fuel rate is turned up to max, making 1050 f at manifold. 14 psi boost max.

i think the better mileage loaded and at higher rpm is because the injection pump advancer must be advanced above 2000 rpm, so more power and also the boost pressure is much better above 2000 rpm, so available air would drop off below that.

Attachments

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Nice testing method there. I would love to see some really accurate testing going on with several stock M35s to get a good base line of what a deuce will get. That could lead to some interesting list of mods or maintenance to do to keep it up there. I know some of this has been beaten around in the past, but measuring from the tank is not really accurate.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this post is old but with oil breaking $140 today we might need to figure ways to increase milage. I just finished some turbo and intake mods trying to increase air flow, not boost. I'll post milage results soon. What things have yall done to increase milage. And what results did you get? I can't expect 20MPG but I got to try it improve it.
I run all 10 tiress at 65PSI, modified the air stream, installed lockouts with airshift.
Those of you who have disconnected one rear axle, what results did you get?