• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce fuel pump relocation

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why?

What do you plan to gain over the stock location?

You'll be more prone to starvation in one direction now.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or decelerating.

And consider that it sloshes back and forth during jerky motions....

What could you possibly think you will gain over the original position?

This is a perfect case where I just don't understand why an owner thinks they are a better engineer than the original designer of the fuel tank.

If you really wanted our opinions to consider this modification, you should have asked first, cut second. Without a goal, there is no reason to change anything and no discussion possible.

rustystud

I can change it back the new hole did make cleaning the tank easier so no biggie.
Well there is that ! It is almost impossible to clean behind the baffles. But as far as moving the location of you pump, unless it was for a clearance problem or something along those lines all your doing is making more issues for yourself ie: moving the fuel lines and electrical wiring. Now you have another area for fuel to leak out of or something to get into your tank.

KaiserM109

One advantage it might be (for M109s anyway) is that you don't have to drop the tank to get the pump out. On an M109 there isn't enough space between the bed and the tank to get the pump clear out. You might be able to dissassemble the pump, but I didn't try that.

peashooter

One advantage it might be (for M109s anyway) is that you don't have to drop the tank to get the pump out. On an M109 there isn't enough space between the bed and the tank to get the pump clear out. You might be able to dissassemble the pump, but I didn't try that.
I got my pump out of the 109 without removing the tank... just have to rotate it a certain direction before trying to tip it out .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks