• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce fuel pump

barnetc1

My pump quit. Have been running truck without pump for couple months. Was working good till i ran out of fuel, now can not get truck to crank. Anything im not doing that would help. I have fuel to sec. Filters but just wont run.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your in-tank pump is not working and you have 'soldier B' and an air compressor - then you can restore the prime! What you need to do is to make sure there is at least 10 gallons in the tank (more is better). Have soldier B put the end of the air hose in the open fuel cap, then try to plug the rest of the opening with a rag held down by a hand or other object to slightly pressurize the tank, then crank the engine. 10 seconds on the starter, then let it cool two minutes, repeat five times. If still no go, you may have made an IP problem by running out of fuel, and that's above my pay grade.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If your in-tank pump is not working and you have 'soldier B' and an air compressor - then you can restore the prime! What you need to do is to make sure there is at least 10 gallons in the tank (more is better). Have soldier B put the end of the air hose in the open fuel cap, then try to plug the rest of the opening with a rag held down by a hand or other object to slightly pressurize the tank, then crank the engine. 10 seconds on the starter, then let it cool two minutes, repeat five times. If still no go, you may have made an IP problem by running out of fuel, and that's above my pay grade.

OR, use a leaf blower! (or a mother in law)

Last edited:

Coal Cracker

I agree with ODdave, the in tank pump is there for a reason, if the fuse blew, it did so for a reason., my tank pump blew the fuse then quit, after removing the pump I found it was starting to use more voltage due to age/wear. I like my injection pump so I bought a new pump Assy. 2cents I'm just applying some tough love here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks