• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce fuel Routing

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Immediately under the alternator is a filter canister. It has what I call, "an old time cartridge" that is washable. Its fuel. The fuel line comes from the tank, turns right and goes forward up the right side of the frame, to this filter canister. Is this a primary filter?

From here, the line goes forward, crosses under the radiator & goes into the bottom of the injection pump. then it looks like it comes out of the IP and goes over to the double filters on the top of the left rear of the engine, then back to the IP. Are these two filters the secondary filters? The part I can't follow is there is a tee at these two double filters for a line that goes straight down and back along the left frame rail. It looks like what a supply line would look like. I must loose it, because I think somewhere along the frame, the line I follow, turns into an air line. What am I missing? Regards

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the two secondaries, what is the line that goes to the rear, down along the frame. Is that primary ever up graded to a paper type cartridge?

cessnatwin

get a hold of jtonka and get a spin on kit! you will be glad you did! He is a great guy and very informative, he knows his stuff, throw that paper filter away, dont waiste your money replacing it with another one!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The white rock lookin' filter is better than the paper type for the cartridge type filter. You can upgrade to a modern filter head so a spin on can be used.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the information about the filters, but I am trying to understand the routing of the lines. Why is there a tee at the secondaries that goes to the rear, if the primary is under the alternator?

Lee in Alaska

AceHigh

It goes from the primary to the booster pump on the IP, then to the secondary and finals, then back to the density compensator and finally the IP head. Past the injectors to the return.

I think. :beer:

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, I'm starting to get it. My density compensator has been removed, so it is just tuned to run straight diesel. That is where I am loosing it. I have had the truck for about a year, and haven't had much time with it - only burned a half tank of fuel or so. But I bet the filters were half full of water and the secondary filters were rotten and had mil spec numbers on them. They have been there forever. The only reason she is still running, is a testament. There will be some up grades for her, and a new radiator & engine coolant heater. Like a lot of these trucks, they have been rode hard and put away wet. Most of the maintenance has been some light buffing on the surface.

Lee in Alaska

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks