• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce fuel system update/overhaul

AMGeneral

Westy,

I see inpic 3 above you have the air intake for the compressor plumed into a multifuel primary filter housing,using that for a filter for the incoming air?

Westech

CPL
Take the filter out of your compressor and you will know why I changed it. I bet yours is 99% plugged and never been cleaned or replaced. The paper unit flows just fine.

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take the filter out of your compressor and you will know why I changed it. I bet yours is 99% plugged and never been cleaned or replaced. The paper unit flows just fine.
Hmm...the compressor filter element is easily cleaned.

On the other hand, the air to the compressor on the xm757 (hope I'm not bothering too many by constant referrals to my 8x8) is tapped off the filtered air to the engine and has no other filter.

About your fittings, I believe they are also know as "Stratoflex" fittings. Similar to what's used on the MEP018 genset fuel lines. I use them on my fuel burning heaters. Expensive, but can be had on ebay for very little.

Attachments

Last edited: