• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce G.V.W.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So since the deuce is rated at 2.5tons off road and 5tons on road, would that be a 10,000lb G.V.W. or would you include the vehicle weight? 23,500?

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is what I've always gone by -

M35A2 W/OW

Curb weight 13,030 lbs
Payload 10,000 lbs
GVWR 23,030 lbs
Towed load 10,000 lbs
GCWR 33,030 lbs

welldigger

I registered mine for 10,000. Believe it for not the vin came back at the DMV as a 6,000 pound truck. I know a few people in my area that registered theirs for 10,000.

rlwm211

Here in New York, I registered my deuce as a historical truck. The reg costs 25 a year. You are supposed to limit use to occasional and not for daily use. Mileage is limited to 3000 a year, but this is an insurance stipulation.

Because of the Historical status, I kept my GVW at 17900. It would not cost more to list the weight as more but with the three axles going over 18K could be a problem license wise.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Here in New York, I registered my deuce as a historical truck. The reg costs 25 a year. You are supposed to limit use to occasional and not for daily use. Mileage is limited to 3000 a year, but this is an insurance stipulation.

Because of the Historical status, I kept my GVW at 17900. It would not cost more to list the weight as more but with the three axles going over 18K could be a problem license wise.
Long time, no post. Good to see your still visiting.

Thanks to all that replied. I wasn't looking for info on registration, I was looking at adding a crane and it requires the truck have a certain GVW. I wanted to make sure I was thinking correctly, thank you all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks