• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Guntruck

tamangel

RE: Re: RE: Re: Deuce Guntruck

I know this is an old thread but I like to file info as close to the topic as possible for later 'search' possibilities...
I just watched a program on Discovery's Military Channel which featured good info and video of gun trucks in Vietnam among other vehicles..

"Weaponology-Episode 12: Armored Personnel Carriers
The modern battlefield is swept by lethal cyclones of fire and steel making them vast killing fields for unprotected infantry. We take you on a journey charting the development of some of the infantryman's best friends: dashing recon vehicles, armored personnel carriers, and bristling gun trucks to protect vital convoys. See how these vehicles slug it out with the enemy to keep the guys on the ground alive, informed and ready for action."

looks like the next time it will be on is 10-11 July.. Check local listings for your show times..

Mike

m816

Well, if you want to see some really great reproduction of from five to seven Vietnam Guntrucks including the Untouchable, Satans lil Angel, Ace of Spades, and Proud American, Wild Thing And Uncle Meat. Come on down to Pigeon Forge Tenn from August 5 to the 9th for the Gathering. There will be the largest display of reproduced Guntrucks ever seen since Vietnam. Of course there will be many Vetern Guntruckers who we're honoring for their service buy building these truck. I can personally offer adetailed look see and we will have some real experts on hand to tell you just ecactly what goes into these trucks and might even be persuaded to cough up some of the excess goodies that you would need for your own project. Stop by, look us up and have a couple dustcutters with us and enjoy some stories Vinny

bonshawman

RE: Re: RE: Re: Deuce Guntruck

Got to love field modifications !
Too bad some were born out of a lack of proper equipment being supplied by command, but it has always been the boots-on-the-ground that seemed to know what was needed and get about doing it !