• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce GVWR?

scooter01922

PLEASE use the search function for basic stuff like this, its covered all the time. That said......is it a winch truck or Wo/W either way just add 10 K ontop of the trucks weight 13k for Wo/W and 13.5 W/W.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FullMetalJacket said:
I asked a simple question, not to be chastised about Search... Thanks :roll: If you don't care to give a constructive answer then dont reply to my thread.
Don't get upset by some of these guys. Some of them must like to hassle people about searching the forum. It takes as much time to type out a reply to give you a hard time as it does just to answer the question.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
hmm, give him a fish, teach him to fish.....:|

rat4spd

But it boosts your guys egos to have to explain things all the time. The search would let a lot of you down.:twisted: But myself, I think I put one pound short of 26000. Registering the weight is a whole other issue, but I like to keep my options open.

area52

Nothing against giving some answers but some questions have been answered on here over and over again and again.

I realize some people don't have all the answers or have a hard time with the search feature, but there are alot of people on here that have read the same questions every week and are frustrated because it seems some people just want the answer handed to them with out looking for it.

FullMetalJacket

Understood, but those people need to just move on to better things like saving the world. There are many people here who are willing to share answers . I visit several other forums and it never fails that someone in the bunch is always the Search Police. Manners and patience , just another lost character trait in today's society.

Coal Cracker

Gross would be, max cargo load and truck weight.

13k truck plus 10k for load . = 23k gross

If you do not intend to carry anything I would just list it as 14k, just in case any D.O.T would get pissy and get the scales out .

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well it seems you ended up with a few DIFFERENT answers. Which one do you go with? Might want to double check their work by looking in the TM. Or not - pick one.

rat4spd

In my state titling and registration weight are two seperate issues. I titled it at 25,999#. The military rating is great, and people will argue, that at 23,500 you are fine, but at 23,501 you start breaking things.

I decided not to limit myself since I actually use my truck to carry things. One pound short of CDL requirements. I registered it at 11 ton, which gives me 23,500# after their fudge factor. However, I could register it legally to be 25,999. I dont think after seeing pics of your guys dump boxes hauling 16 ton of dirt that an extra 2500# is gonna break the truck.

Last edited:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lot's of useful info can be found by searching for it.
a billion threads covering the same dang question makes getting useful info with the search function more difficult.

Most times you'll get your answer quicker by searching or reading the FAQ's or even the data plate on the truck.

The GVWR of my deuce is 25,750 pounds. but I doubt that is what yours is.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well FMJ...i don't think many members of this site will be moving on anytime soon and I don't think many..if any like to be called Search Police!
This site is so well thought even I can use it...so don't take comments personally because you choose not to use the functions and want to be spoon fed.
I am sure you can stay busy on the other sites.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Filling out my SF97 form and need to know what the GVWR is of a Deuce.
Thanks
Randy

The dashboard plate on my 1970 M35 wo/w states a loaded gvw of 23,030 on highway. I'm not using it commercially and the state gives price changes at 14, 18, 22, and 26000 gvw. I licensed it at 18,000 gvw,(same price as 14,001). My M342A2 is licensed at 26,000 to stay under CDL regulations. I've seen many different ratings on dashplates for same model vehicles. I have seen a M342 wo/w listed at 21,300 for air transport only. A wo/w M342 truck at 25,000 and a M342 w/w at 26,165 gvw. YMMV.

Also, Federal CDL starts at 26,001, not 26,000 .

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well if we are going to split hairs on the CDL requirements, it DOES NOT say 26,001 for Iowa. It says "over 26,000". That COULD be 26,001 or it could be 26,000 and 1/2 or even 26,000 and 1/4.

:-D