• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce has to go!!!

vtdeucedriver

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Perhaps a few towbars will allow you to keep it... I remember towing a long string of M915 with holmes, towing M915 with holmes towing M915 towing an M 872 all down the highway in Tennesee.

Thanks for the offer. I do have a towbar but need the $$$$ more. Out of the 3 deuces, this was not my keeper. I am partial to the non-turbo's and there cruise speed! But the $$$ is where its at right now. I am trying to keep the 5 tons but life is getting in the way. I am a airline mechanic and they closed our base in VT. I have 8 yrs invested in the company and I am topped out pay wise. But unfortunatly I have been delt a bad hand in 2007. Not getting a position in TN and having to spend some time working in RICHMOND VA. I got that position, only to have it 3 days when they posted openings in TN. I bought a 23' camper to live in cause I thought I would be in VA for the summer and did not want to get locked into a lease on an apartment. I never would have figured that it was going to be a month! Moved the camper to TN and I have been living here, flying to VT on my days off to visit my wife and step-son. So now the house still is not sold so we need to pay a morgage and now rent so my wife and son can be together for the holidays.

MV's were easier when i was single but they dont seem to be a priority anymore.

KaiserM109

Jeff,
Hang tight, bud. I'm selling stuff too. I just don't have much to peddle. I'm going to tap out my 401K today to pay the rent and storage on my deuce. I have some good prospects, though. BTW, welcome home brother.

Are those markings from your unit in Nam? I've started digging through old pic's for a photo of our M109 van. I don't remember its bumper numbers. I got a speeding ticket in it during the '68 Tet when I was hot-footin' it to FSB Moore.

I don't remember any trucks having a yellow nose, though. I do remember painting over the white stars with green and painting all our bumper and serial numbers black. That was late ’68, I believe, the same time that our M113 tracks got painted 3 color commo.

vtdeucedriver

KaiserM109 said:
Jeff,
Hang tight, bud. I'm selling stuff too. I just don't have much to peddle. I'm going to tap out my 401K today to pay the rent and storage on my deuce. I have some good prospects, though. BTW, welcome home brother.

Are those markings from your unit in Nam? I've started digging through old pic's for a photo of our M109 van. I don't remember its bumper numbers. I got a speeding ticket in it during the '68 Tet when I was hot-footin' it to FSB Moore.

I don't remember any trucks having a yellow nose, though. I do remember painting over the white stars with green and painting all our bumper and serial numbers black. That was late ’68, I believe, the same time that our M113 tracks got painted 3 color commo.
Welcome home to you!!!! As for me, I was born in 1971 and that makes me only 36. The yellow nose was for the 8th Trans GP in the Highlands. They painted there trucks in mid 69 so there commanders could spot their trucks from the air easier.
http://linehaulrvn.tripod.com
is my web site.