• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Headlights.

Stan Leschert

I need the current Wagner / NAPA number for the headlight of an M36A3.

Bulb shows Wagner 4863-1.

Our retailers say that this bulb isn't being made anymore.

An alternative would be to switch to Grote/Truck Lights LED.

Which P/N is the beast that we need? and any recommended suppliers? USA is not that far away, and UPS delivers!

Owner is getting into stupid mode and thinks that converting to 12 V might be the only alternative
I bought him a beer, and told him to stand down, until I consulted with the guys who actually know something!

Thanks guys! I did search, but didn't find the replacement #

Would even consider some working take out bulbs, if we could get 2 or 3 at a fair price.
Until then, the truck is parading on Hi Beam!

59apache

Chipmaker
Why don't replace them with a H4 headlight? My truck is converted to meet european regulations, it's a simple swap. H4 24V bulbs are availible.

for the Wagner, google says the are availible at Erik's and Saturn and other places. But for prices....:cookoo:

Diecorpse

I ordered after market light from auto value but it was a pain lookin through their book. I still did not get the right ones. I made them work after doin some riggin, but I would call C and C equipment or Tnj Murray's.They are both reasonably priced and plenty on hand. Also for small bulbs and assemblies, I found eriksmilitarysurplus the cheapest, less than two bucks a bulb, and around 34-38 bucks for headlight 24v sealed beam. When you get the right bulb, write down the manufacture and part number for future reference. This would help if you got to napa or wherever. Either way they arent cheap. You can also just add a 12 alt and convert your lights to 12v. There are a lot of threads about subject. Keeping a list of all your part numbers and the manufacture will help for local retailers but no guarantee.

Last edited:

59apache

Chipmaker
in my case a motorcycle headlight fits perfect. It's a standard 7". The 24V bulb fits without mods. Don't make strange experiments...they are not necessary.
Light is a safety thing. It has to be reliable.

Diecorpse

True, I did not know there was a 24v motorcylce light. Thats good to know. Is that something easily obtained and whats the manufacture/ part number? I could use that for future reference.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks