• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Hood Lift Kit Availability

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey guys I'm not taking anymore orders for the Deuce hood lift kits at this time, current orders will be honored and the kits will be available soon, another member has contacted me to let me know he was working on these and is much further along than we were so I'm going to let him take this one. Please understand I just don't want to compete with another member and will focus on the 800 series and A3 Deuce around the end of September.There are NO bad feelings here and thanks for your understandingMicro

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Guys I spoke with microjeep this morning. He and I came up with a game plan to not step on each other's toes. I have 22 kits that are nearly complete and plan to have at least that many more next week if the orders demand It. I have the struts BBQrod used and I think they are a little to strong. So it may be another week getting the struts ironed out. The kit will include a cable for closing hood from the ground. The price will be $250.00 per kit plus shipping. Payment options PayPal family and friends, venmo, checks. Also pick up with cash in Blythewood Sc 29016.
Email or call in orders text okay too.
Select.milner@gmail.com
(864)617-4724 no calls after 9pm please
IMG_4028.jpgIMG_4033.jpg

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I forgot to mention I would like some feedback on what color to paint the kits. The one I installed on my truck is black but I considered painting them all some form of military green. What does everyone think?

41cl8m5

Flat Black I think would be the best neutral choice. That way the material is coated from corrosion potential and the purchaser can deside if they need to paint them and they make the call on the exact shade they are looking for. Can of worms never gets opened, just my thoughts.

tobyS

Lowes is the only store I have found near me that has Rustoleum oil based flat black. Maybe some bigger metro areas, it's more common. I like oil based.

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lowes is the only store I have found near me that has Rustoleum oil based flat black. Maybe some bigger metro areas, it's more common. I like oil based.
Well that settles it black works for me. Yes flat oil is hard to find but I like oil base as well.
Thanks for the input.

MCTNKR

I ordered a hood lift kit from Jonathan and had it at my door with a couple days. Was impressed with the quality of the materials and the fabrication work. Took about an hour to install (would have been a little faster if Soldier B was there to hold the bolts that went through the firewall). No holes need to be drilled and all the original hardware can be re-used. Overall I am very impressed. Hood lifts up with no effort and still opens wide for access. I would recommend not letting the hood rise up on it's own as I don't think the struts would last long with that much inertia hitting them at the top of the stroke. I've been holding the side of the hood and guiding it to the travel limit. Great kit. Thanks Jonathan!
IMG_4033.jpgIMG_0343.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks