• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce in Gulf War pic

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, but the terrain is relatively flat, so once it picks up speed it shouldn't be too bad.

Note it's a deuce fire truck as well.

guns1977

Mine served in theater with the 135 MP. It had a murdock paint scheme at the time. It still has the shipping labels inside the drivers door.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take a look at this truck, then take a look at the truck in the OP's pic. It's a deuce 530C class fire truck. :)

View attachment 676910
Isn't the truck in the OP photo a 530B because it doesn't have the water cannon on top? I think thats the difference between the 530B and 530C, anyways.

It looks like its towing a M117 semitrailer on a M197 dolly.

texas30cal

Looks like there's a mirror there on the drivers side , I think it's painted brown and has a diff type of bracket than I'm used to seeing? What are the "paperclips" that are cut off the bumper?

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
The paperclips where added as bumper reinforcement for the lift in shackles there would of been a round piece of metal connecting the to rods together on each side of the bumper

rustystud

Complete paperclips look like this. Very common on USMC trucks. You can see where they got the nickname.

Cheers
When I was in the Marines all our trucks had them. I was told it was because the stock lift points where deemed to weak to support the truck when they are being lifted into the ships for transport. Since the Marines always overloaded their trucks during a "float" this was considered a safety issue. I actually welded on some myself when we got new trucks in the motor pool.
Also they where placed wider then the stock lift points which made the trucks more stable during the lift.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Did anyone notice the right rear taillight was out?

We had a less than spectacular supply person that way overloaded a m1008 with more stuff than a deuce could carry. It was the only vehicle that did t make it. We had to abandon it with most of her personal crap in it. We did split up the twenty or so cases of soda she had........wonder if she every got those back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks