• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce in sand

Alredneck

Banned
If you got the right tires at the right pressure not to bad! Super singles aired downed will let ya float a bit more. I had my 395s XMLs out in the sand pulling a buddy out a while back and they pull good with 40psi but probably want less than that. They had to dig in a bit to bite but pulled well after that. If you take it out in the dunes you will need low pressures and lots of momentum. Good luck and have fun!!

tjcouch

I may be able to answer this after this evening - I am pretty sure I will be dragging a dump trailer and a 10K lb. loader through some sugar sand tonight . . . hopefully uneventfully. I'll have a camera w/ me should the process become "interesting."

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
900xR20 show 15 psi in the mud, sand or snow. I don't think I have to tell you about Fl. sugar sand. Dang that stuff can be so deep, still so loose it's amazing and if we've had no rain. :( Watch your thumbs. 8)

Jones

Air down, carry some Marsden mat, shovel, and always plan your route. Make your stops on the tops of hills or rises, no cross slope driving, and try drive just fast enough to maintain your momentum. If/when you get stuck; plan on burying and digging up your spare tire several times, as you use it as a land anchor.
We have some areas around Mono Lake that, if you break through the crust, are like driving in small ball bearings. Took an hour and a half to extricate a small SUV 100 feet off the road. I can't imagine a deuce stuck in the stuff; it would proably require a Chinook tow truck.

100dollarman

I have not had any of mine in the sand yet, but we were at Pismo Beach in Ca. a few weeks ago and there is a guy that drives around selling fresh water, ice, etc. driving a duece with 9.00 singles on it aired down and that thing would go anywhere no problem.

jeli

When you break traction the rears will start to hop. Slow down or stop and start over. Once they start chattering you'll start digging in.

cbvet

I live in Northwestern Indiana. A portion of my property is dune sand, with seashells & cactus!
Dune sand=sugar sand.
I've had tractors, 4x4 trucks, Jeeps, & a Deuce stuck at one time or another. As mentioned, momentum is key.
And if the wheels spin more than twice, you're screwed. Stop & find an anchor.
My 813 with the 1400-20 singles does pretty well, but it can get stuck too. And it's harder to get out.
Eric
CBVET

tiger422

RE: Re: RE: Deuce in sand

Trip off road today in sugar sand very happy truck pulls better than I thought.
Air down tires 20psi not worried about getting stuck at any time today.
I do need muffler, top off windshield laid down under load very loud.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks