• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce in the 'burbs?

rhinob

I have about 70 acres near Frederick, MD in Ijamsville. It's between I70 and I270, and about 11 miles north of Germantown, MD. Anyone having storage issues is welcome to contact me and we'll find your rig a home here.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well I`m in the city. I try to hide my deuce in the back yard,or at least way down the drive way. 2 years now so far so good. I`ll keep my fingers crossed.

SGT Estum

Better check your city codes. I live in Prior Lake and I got politely told I can not store it in town for long periods of time. I can have it in my driveway but just not forever as they city doesn't want semi's or big work trucks to be stored in town as it "make the city look less appealing".
Glad to run into local members; Prior Lake is just a stone's throw from Eagan!
If you can't keep yours in the driveway, can you recommend any local places to keep it?

As far as checking with the city, I had planned to to keep my questions very abstract. Note only that it's a 3 axle vehicle and then ask if there were any weight restrictions for street/residential parking as well as any time duration restrictions on how long you can park it in one spot.

I have about 70 acres near Frederick, MD in Ijamsville. It's between I70 and I270, and about 11 miles north of Germantown, MD. Anyone having storage issues is welcome to contact me and we'll find your rig a home here.
I second that motion. While I don't have 70 acres, I do have 10 acres in High Springs, FL and another 6 in Ohatchee, AL, so if anyone is nearby either of those two places and is getting flack for keeping an American Icon in their neighborhood, just shoot me a PM and let me know how many you need to bring over. Won't cost you a penny.

jeep-Jeep

I try to keep the ones in my yard down to less than 3 but I only count the large ones and not m1009 or 105 Ect .
I have the rest in lockup behind a security fence at a offside location.
EVERYTHING IS BIGGER IN TEXAS:driver:

dittle

Glad to run into local members; Prior Lake is just a stone's throw from Eagan!
If you can't keep yours in the driveway, can you recommend any local places to keep it?

As far as checking with the city, I had planned to to keep my questions very abstract. Note only that it's a 3 axle vehicle and then ask if there were any weight restrictions for street/residential parking as well as any time duration restrictions on how long you can park it in one spot.
I have mine at a museum so I can't recommend that to you. What I would do is check with RV storage locations or if you know anyone with some land see about "renting" a 10' x 21' area to park it. I know there is a place just south of Prior Lake on the way out to the Horse and Hunt club that advertises storage in one of the old farm buildings on the property. Winter boat storage places might let you park in their lot as well.

rhinob

I wonder how many neighbors of ours keep quiet simply because they think we have a screw loose. Or perhaps the world is so full of beta-males that when the alphas put military surplus in their driveways, our neighbors hope it will inject a little manhood back into our culture. (pet peeve of mineaua)

hdexpert

I've had my duece in the driveway for a couple months now. A few days ago I got a notice from the city saying I needed to call them regarding a zoning infraction. I called, talked to the guy, he said the deuce couldn't be there but he would check with the zoning board. He dropped by the house yesterday and had a few questions. He asked if it was tagged, I pointed out the numbers on the back. He then asked if it was registered.....duh, it has tags. He then said it needed a special license to be operated and wanted to see mine. I told him it didn't, he was completely confused and told me the truck was in a "grey" area and then said I should appeal the decision. Will be doing that next week!!!

ImONPoint.org

Yep, always get looks when I transfer my gun collection from the apartment to my truck. Next up, big duece parked right in the middle of the upscale apartment complex. Already had complaints that my 24' race trailer 'didn't look pretty parked in the complex' :lol:

southdave

I've had my duece in the driveway for a couple months now. A few days ago I got a notice from the city saying I needed to call them regarding a zoning infraction. I called, talked to the guy, he said the deuce couldn't be there but he would check with the zoning board. He dropped by the house yesterday and had a few questions. He asked if it was tagged, I pointed out the numbers on the back. He then asked if it was registered.....duh, it has tags. He then said it needed a special license to be operated and wanted to see mine. I told him it didn't, he was completely confused and told me the truck was in a "grey" area and then said I should appeal the decision. Will be doing that next week!!!
Hd he is grasping , what does a zoning inspector have to do with a CDL, which is what I think he grasping at remember 26001 GVW is the magic number.

ImONPoint.org

Exactly, sniffing up the wrong tree with the license issue. I know it'll never happen but it would be nice if people would mind their own business and stay to themselves.

maynard83

Fortunately we have several RV storage places in the event the HOA where we live has a cow when I purchase a Bobbed M35A2 and park it in my driveway. Or I can park it at work but I will park it in my 'hood until I get a letter. There are several retired folks who apparently have nothing better to do except make the rest of us miserable so I am sure I'll get a letter. All it takes is one person with a bug up their arse. Sometimes I wonder why I live in this area but then I look at Camp Pendleton, which acts like a humongous buffer between South OC and San Diego, and I breathe a sigh of relief. No development happening their, except for base housing, for many generations!

ImONPoint.org

I had the same problems when I tried to live in a cookie cutter neighborhood in Arizona. I lived at the end of a short street on the cul-de-sac and still had letters non-stop from the old farts who loved to bitch

Maverick1701

I've got the fever. I just "won" a GL auction for my second M1009. I'm rapidly running out of garage space but I've got my eyes on a M109A3. It's looking like that purchase will have to wait a while until I figure out where to keep it.

So -- does anybody else live in a suburban area and have a Deuce? Where do you keep it?
Yes, I kept mine in the parking lot of my apt complex for a long time....the parking lot also doubled as my maint. garage lol

Now I keep it in my driveway w/out any issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks