• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce in truck pulls

Coalman

I was just wanting to know if anybody ever either entered or saw anybody pull inthe trucks with a deuce ? If so how did it work out ? A friend of mine said that they don't have enought hp Any info would be helpful Thanks

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are several Deuces on YouTube pulling sleds. Might be just exibition pulls, I don't know what class they would fit in.

KsM715

Your friend would be wrong. Its all gearing and traction. Its not going to be exciting to watch but when done right it can pull the sled out of the gate.

ODdave

Like jeff said, I saw a guy once (before i had any trucks) stop halfway down the track in a deuce, light a cigg, then take back off to finish a full pull. Might have been a 5 ton, but it was sweet.

bill2444

Pulled mine a few weeks ago. It even beat out the tractor with 3 engines. I aired the tires down to 15 lbs, and ran low range 2nd gear. It hooked up like you wouldn't belive. at full pull plus 36 feet it ran out of power with the front tires a few inches off the ground. Never spun a tire, all traction. And i did it all on 100% wvo. The crowd loved the smell!!!

Oros35

What do you do for a hitch? I don't think the hook on the sled will fit in the pintle.

I was going to do this the second day I had mine, first place I drove it after driving it home from GL. He told me I could pull last after everyone incase I broke the sled! Unfortunately, the sled broke during the last class and I didn't get to pull. Wasn't sure how I was going to hook it, but never got the chance to try.

Coalman

So what do you guys think should I try or not I have an m35a3 so it has the cat with the allison auto Do I have a chance against the big guys ?

ODdave

HeII yes, you have the easiest truck in the MV world to pull with. Remeber, PIC's

Edit: your not gonna set any times with it (well mabye the longest) but its all about fun

Last edited:

rlwm211

I have seen where someone put a big oval ring in the pintle hitch (like ten inches long) and they hooked the sled to the ring. It helps to lower the center line of the sled to the truck as it tends to unweight the front of the truck, let alone the front rear tandem if you pull from too high a spot.

RL